Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
06-26-2018, 05:03 AM   #16

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!! Loving my photos so far! Bought 2 new lenses. DA 55-300mm Pentax and arrived today, the 12-24mm wide angle! Got some good shots of the moon last night (nothing to brag about) and a local bridge at night. Having fun in Lightroom. Got a cool shot of my puppy on the beach over the weekend. Wore her out first to get the photos 😂 unsure how to load photos on my phone, so will load the bridge when I'm next on the computer! ✌

06-26-2018, 05:16 AM - 1 Like   #17
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day Hannah. As you can see we're quite the welcoming bunch.
From another Aussie, welcome and enjoy the forum.
I can say that the 12-24 will give you the best landscape shots you could ever take. A very fine lens that I use often. The 55-300 is great in good light, and it can even double up as an OK portrait lens. Lean to use the Av mode to start off with, which teaches you to control your "depth of field" and create the type of effect you want in a landscape (usually with smaller apertures, which are bigger "f" numbers like 8-16) or a portrait (usually with larger apertures like "f" numbers 4-5.6).
Enjoy shooting. That's the main thing.
06-26-2018, 05:16 AM   #18
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day Hannah. As you can see we're quite the welcoming bunch.
From another Aussie, welcome and enjoy the forum.
I can say that the 12-24 will give you the best landscape shots you could ever take. A very fine lens that I use often. The 55-300 is great in good light, and it can even double up as an OK portrait lens. Lean to use the Av mode to start off with, which teaches you to control your "depth of field" and create the type of effect you want in a landscape (usually with smaller apertures, which are bigger "f" numbers like 8-16) or a portrait (usually with larger apertures like "f" numbers 4-5.6).
Enjoy shooting. That's the main thing.
06-26-2018, 06:34 AM - 1 Like   #19

welcome to the forum hannah. i don't have your specific camera but whenever i get a new camera, i go through the manual with camera in hand, then take pics as i learn all it's capabilities. have fun and take plenty of pics!

06-26-2018, 06:48 AM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey there! Welcome!

I'm sure many pentaxians will be happy to help; just start studying by yourself and then ask for something more specific, there's tons of topics you can develop around photography (or any art) in technique, theories, concepts, etc.

Another option to being auto-didact is to sign for a class of photography; the better you understand the tool in your hands the greater will be the results you can achieve.

Have fun shooting!