Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-18-2018, 05:32 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CapitanXeon Quote
Nice, i like you so! i may look around if there's a subforum about doing what is not supposed to do, or else drop thing on general
Yeah, I think we need a DIY subforum for the tinkerers...

06-18-2018, 05:43 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Yeah, I think we need a DIY subforum for the tinkerers...
I join the petition. I've done quite DIY through my poor life xD
06-18-2018, 06:49 AM   #18
SJM
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hello and welcome to the forums.. Good to have you here.
06-20-2018, 09:14 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bienvenido! That is fascinating, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing pictures (and more DIY projects )

06-20-2018, 01:41 PM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Bienvenido! That is fascinating, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing pictures (and more DIY projects )
You welcome ^^
Gore is allowed? Yesterday i tried to disassemble a 15€ lens without success. At least still works. But still is a fungi zoo, so i can use it only at night i believe because the pre-front lens is literally a layer of fungi. Also waiting a replacement for my 18-200 Tamron that just decided to be underperforming against a broken, infected, 44 years old lens, so i'll be getting a 50-200 pro mpentax on warranty, and a 25€ 50mm f/1.2, as i heard 50mm are beautiful lenses. Just tinkering around!

And event like this, i got beautiful shots i believe, like the overprocessed i asked for (Actually around 1k shots are waiting me for processing from 4 exits i did but i'm lazy rn because of work)

---------- Post added 06-20-18 at 01:44 PM ----------

Also, i see a lot of members with the "proud owner" banner, but i couldn't see the option for that. When i registered i marked my camera model but idk. Some help?
06-20-2018, 04:16 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CapitanXeon Quote
Also, i see a lot of members with the "proud owner" banner, but i couldn't see the option for that. When i registered i marked my camera model but idk. Some help?
This may help here:
Pentax Proud Owner Signature Banners : K-3, K-5 II, K-30, and many more! - PentaxForums.com
06-20-2018, 08:13 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
G'day mate and welcome to the forum

06-21-2018, 02:45 AM   #23

Original Poster
Done!
06-21-2018, 03:38 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forum from Greece! I think we have to give you one of the three K-1s plus a grip to expand the buffer to around 100RAWs and check if you can increase the FPS performance too!
06-21-2018, 06:03 AM   #25

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
Welcome to the Forum from Greece! I think we have to give you one of the three K-1s plus a grip to expand the buffer to around 100RAWs and check if you can increase the FPS performance too!
I would pick that K-1 with love! Actually if i pick another camera, it would be a Pentax too, and my current K-x would be for my girlfriend, who i picked a trashed EOS300 and almost fully restored it to a working condition. Hell, i even recovered the lithium battery from a 0.00v condition, and while it doesn't last like brand new, it withstands a 12h car shooting season without much trouble. The biggest trouble is a dead lens that i picked and unfortunately, the aperture mechanism is somewhat dead, i guess it's the ribbon cable that runs inside, but i'm not that friendly with dismantling a lens. Also if both have pentax, it's just a matter of sharing lenses and keep going.

Actually, the FPS performance on my K-x improved at around 0.5 FPS i'd say, i remember the camera with AA's being able to save a photo from time to time, now it's just impossible, the buffer is the same speed but the FPS speed and focus speed improved a lot since i could bump the non load voltage to 6.2 volts (6.1v at load) from that hideously unstable ~5 volts that usually fed the camera for 5 shots before its die so i guess i improved the camera on many areas with only a power plant upgrade. It's just working like it was on an original 80€ AC-DC adaptor, it gives a green indicator (even when the real batteries are dying and starts doing weird things like random corruptions at a random shutdown) but i guess you can't have it all together on a DIY. Just for lulz, i have to look the charge level with a multimeter, but i know i can do 3 exits without charging it, that's pretty much around 1800 shots and there's around a 20% battery left so it can still be going but risking a lot i don't need too. Also i can attach a powerbank on the usb port so it doesn't matter, which camera can do that? I'm sure even the most expensive ones doesn't consider that

BTW i'm confident that the K-1 is much more better designed and doesn't have that kind of problems