Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
07-08-2018, 08:25 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello from Jackson, WY

Hi everyone!

Been lurking unregistered for about a year and finally decided it was time to join. Beginner with a great location to learn. Looking forward to being a part of the Pentax community!

Ken

07-08-2018, 08:57 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to Pentax Forums, Ken. You live in a beautiful area. There will be much place envy around here.
07-08-2018, 09:07 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forum! Beginner or not, can't wait to see some of your photos. I'll be one of those envious of your location.

Last edited by Riggomatic; 07-08-2018 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Spelling
07-08-2018, 09:33 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, feel free to just jump in whenever you want.

07-08-2018, 09:37 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MtnBiker Quote
Hi everyone!

Been lurking unregistered for about a year and finally decided it was time to join. Beginner with a great location to learn. Looking forward to being a part of the Pentax community!

Ken
Welcome aboard, Ken! This is a great forum for information as you probably have already found out.

Larry
07-08-2018, 09:59 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Hi everyone!

Ken
Welcome to the forum. Majestic mountains, geyser phenomenon, Mormon Row and the Chapel of the Transfiguration are beautiful subjects.
07-08-2018, 10:26 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard. i am massively jealous of where you live.

07-08-2018, 02:52 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome! I have very much enjoyed shooting the Tetons and have more shots of them hanging in my house than of my own Colorado Rockies!
07-09-2018, 12:05 AM   #9
Closed Account

Hi from Australia Ken.
07-09-2018, 12:31 AM   #10
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi everyone!

Ken
welcome

lots of friendly members here willing to assist if they can

perhaps this info might be of help

Pentax K-Mount Lens Series Explained: The differences between various Pentax lens series

In a nutshell

There are several series of Pentax K-mount lenses; the ones currently being produced include the DA (digital), DA L (cheap digital kit), D FA (full-frame, digital optimized), and FA (full-frame) series. While all Pentax K-mount lenses ever produced are compatible with all current Pentax DSLRs (in some cases with restrictions in that not all exposure modes of the camera are supported by old lenses), there are significant differences between each lens series and each has different features. Furthermore some of the newer lenses do not work with older cameras. We'll be exploring the differences between the various K-mount series lenses in this article.

Pentax K-Mount Lenses Explained: The differences between various Pentax lens series

Pentax Lens Compatibility Chart
Copyright 2006-2016 Mosphotos.com. All rights reserved.

Pentax bayonet lenses labeled "SMC Pentax" are referred to as "K" lenses in the table below. Other Pentax bayonet lenses have the lens designation as a part of their name as in "SMC Pentax-FA."

Note that "star" lenses work like their "non-star" counterparts: DA* lenses work like DA lenses, FA* like FA, F* like F, A* like A, and M* like M.
Exceptions: FA and F "soft" lenses behave like M lenses in terms of metering.

The Pentax Camera Lens Compatibility Chart

don't forget a few more posts by you in this month and you become eligible for the raffles:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/events/pentax-k-1-triple-giveaway-summer-2018.html
07-11-2018, 07:06 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome and feel free to jump in and ask questions and help where you can! BTW, my wife and I are looking forward to visiting your neck of the woods in August '19. We plan on visiting Yellowstone and Grand Tetons
07-11-2018, 09:32 PM   #12

Welcome from Sunny Arizona!
07-12-2018, 05:11 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Jackson, WY, lucky you. Welcome to the forum. Would love to see some of the beauty in your area, so post and post often.
08-01-2018, 06:50 AM - 3 Likes   #14

Original Poster
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Hope I can engage in the forum more, since joining work has been too much, especially for summer! Here are my first two pics. These are from the Strawberry full moon back in June. To the East, the full moon rise and to the West, awesome sunset.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
08-01-2018, 09:19 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the clubhouse!