Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Another from Finland

Hello all, i just switched from canon to pentax and im just loving it. The camera is great (K20D), and it is so logical to use. Quality seems to be great.

It feels good to switch from another brand, i know now im having the right equipment for me. No more of that "what if" feelings.

09-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Please make yourself at home.
I am also new to this forum.
Maybe I will post at least 1 picture later so you can see something from where I come from.
09-15-2008, 03:32 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Welcome to the forum, freemem! Nice to hear you like your K20D. I've been very happy with my K10D.
09-21-2008, 12:31 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by asfinn59 Quote
Welcome to the forum, freemem! Nice to hear you like your K20D. I've been very happy with my K10D.
Thanks, i do like K20D, and the (kinda) funny thing is i sold Canon eos 30d to get this. Some people insisted that i would regret this but nope, still happy camper.

K20D is a little slower perhaps, and a little noisier.

Build seems to be solid, dust analysis and removal seems to be a great, i did have to clean my old 30d and it was a exiting trip to the road i dont want to go too frequently. Hoping the sensor shake will prolong the need of cleaning.

Lenses seem to be good, even the kit ones can be used. And they are small vs canon ones.

Major reason for the switch was image stabilization, i was already selling my canon lenses to get IS ones, then i had a thought why would i buy IS with every lens when there was perfectly good bodies with IS build in. Being a mac switcher in history, i knew that taking a sidestep from the mainstream can be an eye opener and it sure has been. The logic of adjusting the camera is something i had no troubles of learning, everything seems to be in right place. I can adjust pretty much everything on the camera in bad conditions much faster with pentax than i did with canon.