Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-27-2018, 08:00 AM   #1
Forum Member

Hello from stormy CT~

We have been having stormy weather reminiscent of the monsoons of Asia these past few days. Normally, however, my neck of the woods in Connecticut is known for forested rural-ish charm complete with windy narrow roads, timber-framed houses, stone walls, squirrels, chipmunks, turkeys, owls, falcons, foxes, and deer.

I've been lurking awhile and have used the fantastic(!!) film-era lens reviews here to shop for lenses on KEH. It's too bad that you don't have a way to support PentaxForums via KEH; but I did order from B&H a few days ago -- so next time for sure I'll order via the support link!

I have a Sony a6000 and NEX-5 (the latter of which I am considering converting to IR in the future) and got my first Pentax lens a couple of months ago based on reviews here. Well, actually that was limited by what KEH had in stock at the time, but anyway. I just ordered two more lenses last night, so very soon my Pentax lens list will compose of the following:
  • Pentax 28mm F/3.5 SMC M K Mount Manual Focus Lens {49}
  • Pentax 28-50mm F/3.5-4.5 SMC 2-Touch K Mount Manual Focus Lens {52}
  • Ricoh 50mm F/2 Rikenon Manual Focus Lens For Pentax K Mount {52}
I will post reviews once I get a better K mount to Sony E, as the one I have at the moment doesn't exactly focus to infinity, although I've read there's a way of possibly fixing that problem with some copper inserts. So far I'm happy with the 28mm F3.5 but still trying to get a handle on shooting with Focus peaking / manual.

Oh, and I'm a member of the Stamford Photography Club but I'm still not good enough of a photographer to get a perfect score.

07-27-2018, 12:33 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RoundWharf Quote
but I'm still not good enough of a photographer to get a perfect score
Welcome to the forum, I think the day that happens is probably the day to give it all up... your always learning and improving IMHO.
07-27-2018, 04:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard. I'm an old Connecticut yankee now semi-retired in Florida.
08-01-2018, 12:31 PM - 1 Like   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome, @Kerrowdown, @Sapper!

08-01-2018, 01:42 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum!
08-01-2018, 04:00 PM   #6
SJM
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forums
08-02-2018, 03:40 AM   #7

welcome to the forum!

08-02-2018, 12:44 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I started my career in Stamford. That was many moons ago.
08-02-2018, 02:55 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We have been having stormy weather reminiscent of the monsoons of Asia these past few days. Normally, however, my neck of the woods in Connecticut is known for forested rural-ish charm complete with windy narrow roads, timber-framed houses, stone walls, squirrels, chipmunks, turkeys, owls, falcons, foxes, and deer.

I've been lurking awhile and have used the fantastic(!!) film-era lens reviews here to shop for lenses on KEH. It's too bad that you don't have a way to support PentaxForums via KEH; but I did order from B&H a few days ago -- so next time for sure I'll order via the support link!

I have a Sony a6000 and NEX-5 (the latter of which I am considering converting to IR in the future) and got my first Pentax lens a couple of months ago based on reviews here. Well, actually that was limited by what KEH had in stock at the time, but anyway. I just ordered two more lenses last night, so very soon my Pentax lens list will compose of the following:
I will post reviews once I get a better K mount to Sony E, as the one I have at the moment doesn't exactly focus to infinity, although I've read there's a way of possibly fixing that problem with some copper inserts. So far I'm happy with the 28mm F3.5 but still trying to get a handle on shooting with Focus peaking / manual.

Oh, and I'm a member of the Stamford Photography Club but I'm still not good enough of a photographer to get a perfect score.
Welcome to the forum from up Waterford way.....
08-02-2018, 03:15 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum!
08-03-2018, 01:57 PM   #11

Welcome! Glad to have you
08-05-2018, 05:17 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome from Chicago! The East Coast has had a rough year..
08-28-2018, 12:58 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
G'day mate and welcome to the forum
08-28-2018, 03:12 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Hi and welcome to the forum!
08-30-2018, 10:25 AM   #15
Site Supporter