Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2008, 01:21 PM   #1

Uhmm, yes - I'm here too

Hi guys,

I guess it's about time that I say hello. I've actually written a few posts here already, mainly lens reviews. I've got more reviews on the way, but it takes a bit time to write it all down. Hope you enjoy it.

I'm 30 years old, from Norway, a die-hard pentaxian and suffer from a serious LBA. I haven't actually owned a digital slr for more than a few years. My father has had an MG for quite some time and I guess that was one of the reasons that I chose the K100D a couple of years ago. He also had a Praktica (I believe his first slr) with some nice east german m42 lenses that I of course saw the opportunity to play around with. I have actually shot a few rolls of film and spent some hours in a darkroom, but only had a digital point and shoot for a long time. With the K100 I rediscovered the joys of photography and have since become one of my main hobbies again.

Today I have no less than three Pentax digital SLRs, the K100D, the K10D and now a K20D. I haven't yet decided which one of the K100 or K10 I should let go, and which to keep as backup. Both have their distinct characteristics. After running around with the K20D and D-BG2 for some time, it's a joy to take the smaller K100 and a small lens with me on a walk. The K10 is of course a lot more like the K20 in use and does prove its point right there to be the backup camera. Time will tell which one it is. I might even end up with keeping them all, or is that just the insane LBA talking now once again...

I run my own company, mainly doing software development. Photography is for me a nice way to get out and away from the computer monitor and think about something else for a while. It would be nice if I could somehow incorporate more of my shooting into my business, and I find that some of the photographers in Pentax' marketing campain are a great inspiration regarding that. It is nice to know that all is not lost if you didn't start shooting professional as a teenager.

I love to shoot landscapes, wildlife and architecture. I enjoy the feeling of learning something new (in photography) all the time. I've recently started reading about the fine art of strobism, and have plans to try out some of those principles in the near future. I might even try some portrait photography, although I find it a bit scary to have human beings in front of my lens. - I guess I'm one of those weirdos who don't feel too comfortable with photographic objects that talk back to you and complain about the results afterwards. It's perhaps not too helpful to read whatteduck regarding that particular subject either

I've been reading this forum for a while, and I realize there is quite a ... blend of people here. It's fascinating to see how much effort some people put into spreading negative vibes every day. I'm here to enjoy photography, and Pentax in particular. I hope I can contribute with some thoughts, ideas and experiences and get some inspiration back from you all.

09-19-2008, 02:57 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Hei Svein,
Welcome to the forum. You sound like you enjoy life and photography.
I'm new to photography; still shoot in what I call "stupid idiot mode." But I LOVE taking photos, love looking at them. Right now I'm shopping for a new lens and supplies to take on a trip to Norway next summer! I'll be visiting my cousins in Vest Agdar and Telemark. I am SO excited and plan to take many photos.
I look forward to seeing some of your photos.
Irene Sophie
09-19-2008, 10:47 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Hi from B.C Canada.I too have found there is a fair amount of negative articles said about pentax,but everybody is entitled to their opinion.I hope you enjoy this forum.
09-19-2008, 11:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum. The negative articles are fun to read. After all, there is only that much to talk about with the limited camera variety and lens selection.