Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2018, 02:18 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canid Quote
Welcome to the forum, tljensen.
How do you like the KP compared to your K5? Do you miss the top LCD?

And what do you think of the Pentax system compared to Nikon? I'm here to stay for budget reasons, but sometimes I wish for better AF....
Sorry I did not respond to this sooner. I was reviewing this thread and spotted this. As for Pentax vs Nikon vs anybody, I am pretty neutral. Except its in my DNA to be different whether it makes sense or not. So I feel quite comfortable in a room of Cannonites and Nikonites with my Pentax. The Nikon is better for things that move and I am still trying to perfect getting birds in flight. My D750 seems to be one if the best DSLRs in that respect. The KP shooting modes are better than Nikon. This morning I was driving by a pumpkin patch and the sun was just coming up. I stopped and set up the KP on a tripod, selected HDR, 5 steps, 1EV between shots, and a 12-second delay before the first shot. The 12-second delay gave me enough time to walk away from the camera so my shadow would not be seen. I don't know how to do that on the Nikon. I am quite happy with both cameras. But next I long for a Z7, or at least a Z6, or Fuji, and I couldn't go wrong with a K1. I loved the Sony A65 I gave my grandson. I am not waiting around for the fabled K3iii, unless it becomes a reality.