Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2018, 03:20 AM   #1

Hi from Barcelona

Hi all. I'm not a Pentax user (yet?) but must say I have great appreciation for this brand.
I own a fujifilm x100f that I purchased as a substitute of my previous X100 original. Both wonderful cameras.
But I also need "the camera that's always with me"
And this was first an Olympus XZ-1, later an X-Z2, and currently a Sony RX100 M3.
I was considering to buy a Ricoh GR2 to use it in place of the Sony.
However, fujifilm has just launched the XF10, which seems to be a direct competition to the GR2.
The attraction of the XF10 for me is that has an APS-C Bayer sensor, it's pocketable, and has the fuji menus and the fuji film profiles.
Comparing it with the Sony, I'm loosing the zoom but this don't bother me. I will also loose the EVF and the ND filter. And this matters to me.
Comparing with GR2 I loose the ND filter.

I am more for the Fujifilm XF10, but not yet 100% decided.

May I have your opinions?
Comi

08-27-2018, 03:39 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.
Kind regards,
Mark
08-27-2018, 03:58 AM   #3
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hola from Australia, and welcome to the Pentax forums.
08-27-2018, 04:48 AM   #4
pxt

Welcome to forum!

08-27-2018, 10:30 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hi and welcome to the forum!
08-27-2018, 12:54 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your time spent here with us all.
08-27-2018, 01:08 PM   #7

°Hola!
08-27-2018, 01:14 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forum! There are plenty of helpful photographers here.

08-27-2018, 01:30 PM   #9
Pentaxian

°Bienvenido! Welcome to the forum. Lots of good, helpful folks here.

My wife and I spent some time in Barcelona a couple of years ago - beautiful city!
08-27-2018, 02:30 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome from Chicago!

Plenty of us will help you spend your money!

The Fuji cameras are attractive, that's for sure.
08-27-2018, 03:44 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Comi, and once more welcome to Pentax Forums. You live in a great place for photography.

On your question about choosing between the Ricoh GR and the new Fujifilm XF10, I don’t envy your decision, as the two seem very evenly matched. Have you had a look at the threads here that are dedicated to the GR? I’ve often looked at one, but I’ve never been attracted to a body that doesn’t possess an EVF, after having owned a Pentax Q for some time - great little camera; shame about the LCD viewing screen.

I do have a Fujifilm X30, which is a nice little pocketable device, but I find its colour rendition to be less appealing than the Q’s, requiring a lot of work in post-processing –*I shoot always in RAW, by the way. However, its main attraction to me, aside from its size, is the EVF, which is nothing special but at least I can see what I’m shooting in bright sunlight.

I don’t know if that helps. What may help is that the current GR is now well due for a refresh, and hopefully for an upgrade, so waiting may be a good strategy, at least until after Photokina. I haven’t heard anything substantial about the GR and Photokina, but it’s not very far away from now, and you never know.
08-28-2018, 12:05 AM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Hi Comi, and once more welcome to Pentax Forums. You live in a great place for photography.

On your question about choosing between the Ricoh GR and the new Fujifilm XF10, I donít envy your decision, as the two seem very evenly matched. Have you had a look at the threads here that are dedicated to the GR? Iíve often looked at one, but Iíve never been attracted to a body that doesnít possess an EVF, after having owned a Pentax Q for some time - great little camera; shame about the LCD viewing screen.

I do have a Fujifilm X30, which is a nice little pocketable device, but I find its colour rendition to be less appealing than the Qís, requiring a lot of work in post-processing Ė*I shoot always in RAW, by the way. However, its main attraction to me, aside from its size, is the EVF, which is nothing special but at least I can see what Iím shooting in bright sunlight.

I donít know if that helps. What may help is that the current GR is now well due for a refresh, and hopefully for an upgrade, so waiting may be a good strategy, at least until after Photokina. I havenít heard anything substantial about the GR and Photokina, but itís not very far away from now, and you never know.
Thanks for your comments.
You are absolutely right, the Ricoh GR2 and the Fuji XF10 seem very evenly matched.
But don't forget the Sony RX100M3, the one I currently own.
It's only a 1" sensor camera, but it's an excellent tool, and yes, it has an EVF.
08-28-2018, 12:16 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

G'day mate and welcome to the forum
08-28-2018, 12:19 AM   #14

Hi and welcome!