Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2018, 11:01 AM   #1

Hello!

Hello fellow members!

I have been a member for almost a year now and thought it time to introduce myself.

I have been interested in photography as a hobby from when I was gifted my first camera back in the mid-50s - Kodak Pony IV 35mm (which I still have!)
My next camera was a Kodak Signet 80 with interchangeable lens capability.

In the early sixties, I decided it was time to invest in an SLR and Pentax had just come out with the "Spotmatic". So, I traded the Signet 80 in on one and never looked back. Since then, I've had the Spotmatic II, Spotmatic F, SF-1 (my first auto-focus camera), PZ-1p, 1stD/L (my first digital) the K10 and K20 (my current camera). I still have all of the aforementioned Pentax cameras!!

I have had the K20 for several years and still consider it a great camera in spite of all the succeeding cameras that have come out in the Pentax Line.
I am considering the purchase of a new/used K1 however.

Back in the 70s, I had a part-time photo business (Gene's Photoart) and took portrait and wedding photos.
I now concentrate on Nature, Macro and Landscape photography.

My other interests are Amateur (HAM) Radio (60 yrs) and woodworking.

I am 74 years old and have been retired from a 37 year career in paper manufacturing and have been retired 17 years now.
I enjoy traveling and persuing my hobbies as long as I can.

I will start being more active in the Pentax forum as I know there are loads of good information out there on Pentax .

Gene

09-05-2018, 11:28 AM   #2
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome, and thanks for the intro! I agree, previous camera models don't magically become "bad" overnight just because new models come out. That said, I do enjoy the K-1 immensely...

Looking forward to your contributions to our little society - good to have you onboard!

s
09-07-2018, 12:56 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by eugenesantoski Quote
I am considering the purchase of a new/used K1 however.
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will enjoy this camera.
09-26-2018, 02:31 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
G'day mate and welcome to the forum

Nice one, I also have a Z-1 and Spotmatic F