Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2007, 04:14 AM   #1

Suppose I should post here really...

Greetings, salutations, and hello!

My name's Mem, I'm 22 years old and I live in Essex, UK. Please note: I am NOT a typical Essex girl by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm not a photographer, I've never even owned a camera myself, up until a few days ago when I suddenly found myself in possession of my Grandad's old Spotmatic. Somehow this feels like the beginning of a long journey, and I can't wait to get started!

Shall be hanging around and pestering you with my newbie-ish questions. You all seem so nice here!!

02-26-2007, 05:59 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Now now..

For us North Americans... you can't say you're not a typical Essex girl until you explain exactly what a typical Essex girl *is*.
02-26-2007, 08:18 AM   #3
Veteran Member

There are many owners of "prehistoric" Pentax SLR cameras here, even I am considerring getting a MX... oh well, what I tried to say is that you're in the right place to get help with your Spotmatic.
02-26-2007, 08:20 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Memma and welcome!

after reading your bio I realize what you mean by "not typical"....
that's cool with me!
diversity makes the world go around.

looking forward to your pics from the spot-o-matic...

cheers!!

randy

02-26-2007, 11:50 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome Memma, hopefully you'll grow to love photography as much as the rest of us! We're a friendly bunch here. Looking forward to getting to know you and your spotmatic better!
02-26-2007, 02:40 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Hello and welcome! You came to the right spot to learn about your camera. Hope to see some pictures from your part of the world soon!
02-26-2007, 10:19 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by memma Quote
Greetings, salutations, and hello!
You all seem so nice here!!
But there is a worthy smattering of grumpy old b.....rds who help to maintain a semblance of balance on the board.
IMHO not enough of them, but the dedicated few do seem to have a lot to say that's worth reading.
Anyway, welcome from another "oddity" .