Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-23-2018, 01:49 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi from the UK! ME Super user

Hi all,

I've only been into photography for a year or so. I picked up an old Nikon D300 mid last year as a cheap entry camera (though I don't think I'm in a rush to replace it). I then visited a local camera shop last December and they had a bunch of film cameras and I thought it'd be fun to try one. I knew literally nothing about them and picked the Pentax ME Super. A few rolls of film later and I love it! My brother even picked one up as a first camera because he liked it so much.

I have a 50mm f1.7, a 28mm f2.8 and a 135mm f2.5 lens for it. I tend to use Ilford 125 film and develop it then scan it myself using an ancient Epson perfection scanner.

One of my photos:

And one of my brother's photos... He's apparently fast on the shutter but slow on remembering to set the ISO when changing film

10-23-2018, 02:01 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Composition beats exposure, and that second shot is well composed and perfectly timed.

Yours is damn good, too.

Congratulations on the camera. If the Nikon DSLR ever dies, consider a Pentax replacement; it can borrow the ME Super's lenses!
10-23-2018, 02:55 PM   #3
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums!

I'm with @pathdoc - that second photo is great! Out of interest, what film did you use? I'm assuming it was at least ISO 400 given the graininess (which I really like)?

I often think that we folks who worry about luminance noise reduction in digital photography would do well to look at shots like this and realise that a bit of grain is nothing to worry about...
10-24-2018, 03:13 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, long may you continue to enjoy your photography the Pentax way.

10-24-2018, 10:00 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcomes! I believe he used Kodak Ultramax ISO 400 with the camera set to ISO 200