Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2018, 07:31 AM   #16

The OM4s with the battery leakages must have been a disaster for the system.

I have a Nikon Ftn, but I admit I don't use it much. The viewfinder is really pokey and dark compared to my Pentax MX. It's also much bulkier and less refined. I can highly recommend a Pentax MX if you're enjoying the KX. They're cheap enough just to try out. And the viewfinder is perhaps the biggest for any SLR (.95 magnification with 97% coverage). It's really tiny, but super-capable.

11-11-2018, 03:13 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ah now I love the Ftn myself. I love its ruggedness and simplicity, used to have two of them plus a pair of F2s. I used the Ftns the most though. They were way out of date when I was shooting pro but the lens quality was generally fantastic. I also had a Bronica for some stuff but an awful lot of stuff was shot 35mm for speed.

The Ftns I loved - when I hit Tokyo one of those will be on the shopping list
02-02-2019, 11:15 PM   #18

I likewise have my Dad’s Agfa Silette that I’ve run a couple of rolls through - I’m no ‘photographer’, but just enjoy the ‘film thing’. I’ve acquired a couple of Spotmatics, and just today a Spotmatic SP F which I picked up because it has a hot-shoe. I also collect Brownies and use some of them when I can, so I connected with your list - thanks for sharing.