Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2018, 09:41 AM - 1 Like   #1

Pentax blogger

I just submitted something for another forum, but I guess I'm actually allowed to post only here for the moment - maybe?

Anyway, I've been reading posts here occasionally and you guys also sent me some traffic to my Wordpress blog, so I felt it was time to say hello but also actually contribute something useful, so you can find that on my blog (a big test of raw converters), not sure if I should repost that here, probably not...

Hope everyone is having a good day.

11-16-2018, 10:10 AM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome

as a member

you are free to post away
11-16-2018, 10:14 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Welcome to Pentax Forums.
11-16-2018, 10:45 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum! Post a link for us.

11-16-2018, 10:52 AM - 2 Likes   #5
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum. We appreciate people who test stuff.
(As opposed to those who read a few articles on the internet and then share their conclusions..)
11-16-2018, 11:10 AM - 1 Like   #6
Photo Forum Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No, you're not free to post as others have said, please don't believe everything these guys tell you, they'll get you in trouble. LOL Please wait a bit and you'll be able to post your blog.
11-17-2018, 04:23 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy it all here.
11-18-2018, 11:48 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to getting the link to your blog.

11-19-2018, 10:27 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to getting the link to your blog.
Thank you. While people seem to disagree on whether I should or shouldn't post it, you can, if you're interested, find it from my other thread. Sorry if I'm misinterpreting anything, but I'd rather play by the rules.
11-19-2018, 11:12 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Breakfastographer Quote
Thank you. While people seem to disagree on whether I should or shouldn't post it, you can, if you're interested, find it from my other thread. Sorry if I'm misinterpreting anything, but I'd rather play by the rules.
Welcome to the Pentax Forums. The person disagreeing with the others is a forum moderator so she might be the one to listen to.
11-19-2018, 11:49 AM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

Stick a link to your blog and photos in your forum signature. That seems to be within the rules.
11-19-2018, 12:23 PM   #12
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

send a pm to Adam and ask him about linking to your blog
10-29-2019, 08:18 PM   #13

Original Poster
Since I do not currently know if I will be allowed to continue contributing to this forum, I will use my welcome thread to wish you all goodbye. I enjoyed my time here, and wish you all the best - please continue being excellent to each other!
10-29-2019, 09:13 PM - 2 Likes   #14
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Breakfastographer Quote
Since I do not currently know if I will be allowed to continue contributing to this forum, I will use my welcome thread to wish you all goodbye. I enjoyed my time here, and wish you all the best - please continue being excellent to each other!
I am not a moderator, just a user who has started hundreds of new threads, written articles, and attempts to assist I don't know how many folk trying to figure out how to use their cameras. I hang out and contribute here a lot, mostly because I know some stuff and am often bored and I like to write.

You can post as much as you want, just don't substitute a self-promoting link for content. You are a good writer and there is no loss in sharing that talent here the same way you share it on your blog, only here it is for interacting with a community that will appreciate your input and in return the depth of your personal knowledge will increase as will the breadth/depth of your artistic expression. I promise.

Starting several threads with intent to drive traffic off-site to improve a site's Alexa rating, Goggle ranking, and/or the value of ad real estate is the antithesis of why this forum exists and one of the reason why doing so is forbidden* in this other most other online forums. There are several bloggers and owners of online businesses on this site, but a quick survey of the site should be enough to demonstrate that their contribution is as rich as any other member.

Steve

(...occasionally serves as a guest blogger on various sites and sometimes links back to those articles, but never the link by itself and never as an original post...)

* Sort of...bloggers and owners of online businesses are allowed to self-promote once a year. I believe the new user's guidelines are pretty clear (LINK)

Last edited by stevebrot; 10-29-2019 at 09:58 PM.
10-30-2019, 01:50 AM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum!

All members may link to their own sites by means of a link in their signature.
Adam is also looking for article writers so you may wish to contact him as you do seem to post interesting content.

Please note however that the forum rules do not permit continued linking to articles in your blog, unless you come to an arrangement with the site owner, as the rules state as follows:

Non-commercial links are allowed in posts, in moderate quantity and with relevant context, as long as the user does not exhibit an intention to leverage the forum primarily for promotion of such links. Moderators have full discretion in determining the appropriateness of links, and will weigh this against the poster's reputation on the forum if needed.
Site Supporters may also start one thread per year for the sole purpose of promoting their commercial photography site or blog.
Links in signature lines or posts may not point to advertising websites, illegal services, sources of spam, or any other content deemed unwanted by the site staff. The site staff reserves the right to restrict the posting of links if abuse is suspected.

Last edited by MarkJerling; 10-30-2019 at 02:32 AM.