Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
11-28-2018, 02:42 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you enjoy macro, look for a used K3 or K3II. I use a K3II in the field with 100mm macro and a ringflash. It allows me to geotag and easily use the flash.
I have actually considered buying another K3II to replace my K5, but that old body keeps soldiering on and really does produce pleasing imagery, even if the sensor is smaller, allowing less crop magnification.

11-28-2018, 02:49 PM - 1 Like   #17
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
OK Silvia, that's a good indication.

Since you are looking at a new camera, you have three current choices: K-1ii, KP and K-70. (You might find a new K-S2 or K-3ii somewhere in Australia, even though they are discontinued, but I haven't seen one for a competitive price. We'll put them aside for the moment.). . .

If you want a telephoto lens with really fast and quiet autofocus, take a look at this one:
HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE Reviews - DA Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

(It's known as the PLM, because it has a Pulse Lens Motor for autofocus.) . . .

The PLM won't work on your K200D (or any other pre-2013 model camera), but it will work on any new Pentax camera that you get. . . .
slight clarification to an excellent post

" *This lens uses an electric focus-by-wire system and will not focus (even manually) on cameras older than the Pentax K100D super (2006).

**Because the aperture is controlled electronically, this lens can only stop down when used with compatible cameras. The Pentax K-50, K-S1, K-S2, K-3, K-3 II, and K-1 are supported via a camera firmware update; the Pentax K-70, Pentax KP and all 2017 or newer bodies will work out of the box. The aperture diaphragm will always remain wide-open on unsupported bodies.

In an nutshell, this lens fully compatible with recent DSLRs but shouldn't be used on older bodies or film cameras. "

Read more at: HD Pentax-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 PLM WR RE Review - Specifications | PentaxForums.com Reviews

the link is to the " in depth review "of the lens
12-23-2018, 04:55 PM   #18
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Good time to buy now. Pentax Australia Boxing Day sale, 24 Dec-28 Dec. 15% off everything. The KP is now only $A849.15 (body only). Ricoh Imaging | Digital SLR
12-23-2018, 06:41 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I agree with those recommending the K-3 and K-3ii. These are excellent cameras and can be found at amazing prices. You should be able to use any K-mount lens with them.