Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2018, 09:07 AM - 1 Like   #1

New member, HELLO!!

Hello!

I live in France Fontainebleau. This is an incredible place to shoot, with fantastic villages around, 70 Km from Paris.
A few kms from my house there's a few places where Monet used to paint. They are also incredible to shoot, with the Loin river passing by.

I am here because a few months ago I bought an old Fuji XE-3 in very good shape, along with it's usual 16-50 zoom. Not bad at all, this zoom. After that, I bought a Fuji X-M1, no viewfinder, but this is a litle camera, beautiful, and the Jpegs are a litle bit more glamorous that those from the XE-1. I guess this difference disappears when you begin to shoot manually. No differences in RAW. Then I bought the Fuji pancake 23mm. The images with this lens have an incredible "piqué". So I have those two Fujis.

I had a Nikon D60, D40 and D5100 before, but I allways used them in AUTO mode. I have no special personal relation with those cameras, (all very good and no inferior), as I have with Fuji's.

Well recently I bought my first vintage glass, the Zeiss Tessar, followed by the Helios 44-2, this one in silver, very well polished, beautiful. I should receive the Helios tomorrow. I still have no adapter for the zeiss - a strange adapter - but I have the M42 for Helios.

Today I bought for 20 euros a Macro Vivitar 70-210, after a lot of research and also thanks to this forum. I found a minolta/fuji adapter in ebay, 8 euros. I am begining and learning to shoot manually, and I must say that I love it! May be I will post a few pictures made with the Fuji 23mm, semi manual - all manual except focus.

So here I am, to learn and share what I have.
One of the reasons that made me decide joining this forum is about the nice posts about Takumar lens - and others like Minolta. I like the way these posts about Takumar are organised, very objective, simple and there are allways photos to confirm. Also, usually there are more than one person talking about the same lens, giving an unique point of view, using the same parameters, so it's easy to compare and see.

I am a HI Fi freak since a lot of years. Actually, I was in the high end business and ended up making my own gear. I also have developed Schumann resonators, (my main project), not so easy as people think. Many people make it, but most are crap, compared to what can be done. Now photo is my new passion. I am 57 years old.
But basically, I am an artist!

I will have questions. So I am here. Thank you for making this nice forum available.

I guess this is a to big Hello post, thank you for reading!
I hope my english is not to basic, sorry.

Francisco

Last edited by Adam; 11-26-2018 at 09:09 AM. Reason: removed PII
11-26-2018, 09:18 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bienvenue à bord!
11-26-2018, 02:53 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy this older style glass, it still can render images beautifully.
11-26-2018, 03:37 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum Francisco!

Kind regards,
Mark
(New Zealand)

11-26-2018, 04:27 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Welcome to Pentax Forums.
11-26-2018, 07:02 PM   #6
PJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome tp the Forums. Enjoy those Takumars when you get them. They are addictive.
11-27-2018, 02:16 AM   #7
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi Francisco, and welcome from Australia.
11-27-2018, 01:35 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Bienvenue à bord!
Thank you pjv!

11-27-2018, 01:37 PM   #9

Original Poster
Thank you, all of you.
It's very nice to be wellcomed.
11-27-2018, 01:38 PM   #10

Original Poster
Thank you

That's nice, thanks for wellcoming!
11-28-2018, 04:36 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum, you're in the right place to discuss Takumar lenses.