Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2018, 08:23 PM   #1

Hello from Denver

I signed up for this forum several months ago since I have trouble finding out anything having to do with Pentax cameras anymore. There are none sold locally anymore. In fact, only 2 local camera stores here, though one has many branches. I am not all that good at using my camera and often don't understand things about it, so I thought that maybe I could get some information here. I also have lost my book to the camera and can't afford to try to print one.

I would love to learn to take better pictures with my camera. I had (well, still have) a SP500 that I got good pictures with until I started having trouble with the light meter and even with manual reading with Dad's old light meter and setting things looked out of focus. I then got a PZ70, but didn't get as good of pictures. The digital I have is a K100D and I am still, after several years, trying to learn all there is to know with it. I know how to shoot with both auto-focus and manual focus, but that is about it.

I also don't understand some of the things talked about that I have read so far on the forum, so please forgive me if I don't do everything right. I will try to not do anything too bad.

Meanwhile, I will move to technical support because I have a problem that came up today and I don't know what is going on.

Thank you.

Darlene

12-08-2018, 09:23 PM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome

lots of folks willing to help

just ask

here is a link to the owner's manual ( pdf ) of the Pentax K 100D

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/k100d.pdf

and the user reviews of your camera:

Pentax K100D - Pentax K-mount DSLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications
12-09-2018, 01:53 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forums. I learned a lot with a k100d at Washington park and the DU campus.
12-09-2018, 06:18 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome! Check out the camera forums and ask all the questions you like! Lots of friendly help here.

12-09-2018, 04:19 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome aboard, folk here are normally more than happy to help out if you need them.
12-10-2018, 03:14 AM   #6
Closed Account

Welcome from Australia.