Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2018, 03:16 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hello, UK film Pentax fan here

Hi, I'm Lindsay from Wellingborough, UK. I grew up using Pentxes - Spotmatic, SP's, SV, S1a and various M42 lenses. I only went AF with the MZ-5 in about 1999, but I'm afraid I defected to Nikon for Digital photography. However I'm still a devotee of film photography, which is probably 50% of my hobby interest, and I've lately started to rebuild my collection of Pentax film cameras, aiming to acquire most if not all of the popular models. So at present I have 2 LX's, 2 SP1000's, an SP500, Spotmatic and MZ-5. I'm hoping to build a reasonable collection of M42 and K-mount lenses too. So joining this forum (and the UK version too) is going to be really useful I think. I look forward to posting shots from each of my cameras as I collect, test and use them.

12-13-2018, 05:20 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and before you know it, you’ll be buying a K1, to put all your fine Pentax glass on as well as your film bodies.
12-13-2018, 05:52 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum and before you know it, you’ll be buying a K1, to put all your fine Pentax glass on as well as your film bodies.
Thats what I'm working about!
12-13-2018, 05:53 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
worrying, that is

12-13-2018, 05:58 AM - 1 Like   #5

Welcome to the forum!

I'm another long term Pentax film user although I decided to stick with Pentax when I jumped to digital, mainly so I could continue to use my lens collection (40+ K-mount & M42 lenses and still growing). The advent of the K1 has made a big difference to me as it means those old lenses are considerably more useful now.
12-13-2018, 08:24 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by LindsayP Quote
worrying, that is
Fear not, be brave...
12-13-2018, 09:07 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LindsayP Quote
I look forward to posting shots from each of my cameras as I collect, test and use them.
Welcome to the forum and check out the Film SLR section. You can post your film shots there, always nice to have a new contributor!

Pentax Film SLR Discussion - PentaxForums.com

Phil.

12-13-2018, 12:27 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to Pentax Forum. Folks here are always happy to see not photos. Send 'em in!
12-13-2018, 12:37 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Just as I have done. My new Pentax K1 is waiting for some sunlight, with some of my Pentax-M lenses ready to leap onto the bayonet mount. And like you Kerrowdown they whisper to me like yours do to you!
12-13-2018, 01:35 PM   #10
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff Quote
And like you Kerrowdown they whisper to me like yours do to you!
My "Harem" can be quite loud and certainly very belligerently boisterous when they want, whispering would be good...
12-14-2018, 04:15 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I've been lusting after a K1-ii for a while but went for a Nikon D500 for the AF, but I still want the Pentax for my FF camera. It'll happen eventually I suspect!