Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2018, 02:57 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
New to Photography

Hi everyone!

I'm a new photographer and I got into this Pentax because based on my research I feel Pentax is the best for me. Cheaper and one best thing of all is that all the lenses are compatible to any pentax dslr of any K series. Not like to others lenses are very specific to that model of camera.
Anyway, once again I'm a new to be a photographer soon. Actually I'm a computer programmer for more than 20 years already and I just got into this photography because I feel it's fun. But anyhow, I just bought Pentax KS2 and I explore everything on it but before that my mind keep changing what I really what to buy. Is it KS2 or K3ii or KP or maybe K1/K1ii. But they are expensive in my budget so I decided I try KS2.
Based on my photo works I'm not so impressed and now I decided to make a savings and get K1ii. It is so expensive for but I have a reason then because I believe it gives me the photo later. And now I try to bought an eBook, a Pentax K-S2 eBook by Yvon Bourque. I try to read it and get some idea from it. Well, I need also to change my lense kit 18-50mm to a new DFA* 16-50mm. Because my lens kit now work will on landscape.

I think I already express all my feelings about this new hobby.
If there is any suggestion I'd love to read it also. I hope it help me relax and not to forget my KS2.
Thanks in advance.
Felix Rendon

12-14-2018, 03:59 AM - 1 Like   #2
PJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, Felix, Welcome to the Forums (from Australia). The K-S2 is a good camera and I am sure you will enjoy it. You have some great photo opportunities in the Philippines so start snapping and sharing your images here.
Peter
12-14-2018, 04:04 AM - 1 Like   #3

Welcome Felix. I am a new photographer as well and these guys on here are great. If you get stuck just post the problem and help will be on the way.

Mike
12-14-2018, 04:07 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome. It takes some time to learn a dslr. The ks2 is plenty of camera.
Check out this thread and keep shooting.
Post your K-S2 Shots Here - PentaxForums.com

12-14-2018, 04:29 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard!
12-14-2018, 06:31 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Welcome to the Forum, Felix. You'll find a lot of helpful fellow Pentaxians here!

The Ks2 is an excellent DSLR and it will allow you to hone your photographic skills. I suggest you learn as much as you can about photography with your Ks2 then move up to a different system if you need to move up. 2019 is the 100th anniversary of the original parent company of Pentax as we are looking forward to some great news regarding new cameras and lens for the K mount system. So if and when you decide to move up a bit in cameras there should be a newer APS-C system ready, although the K-70 and the KP are fantastic cameras also.
12-14-2018, 06:39 AM - 1 Like   #7
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

welcome to the forums

lots of friendly knowledgeable folks willing to help and offer opinions

especially on how you should spend your money

helpful articles as well

have fun
12-14-2018, 06:45 AM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Generally the rule is to use the tools you have until you can't do something with them. Then look for that new lens or body. Since you're new, get out there and take photos - get good at it!

12-14-2018, 01:01 PM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to Pentax Forum. It is nice to have another user from the land where our cameras are made.
12-14-2018, 02:22 PM - 1 Like   #10
PEG Gallery Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Hielands o' Scootlund....... Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand................William Blake
Welcome to the forum, I hope you find the content here of suitable interest.
12-14-2018, 09:24 PM   #11

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks a lot guys!

Thank you guys for the very encouraging and inspiring opinions and suggestions.
Actually it inspired me and my brain start to storming. Anyway, I am about to buy a new lens the DA* 16-50mm. Sooner I will post my first photo on my new lens.

Thanks a lot guys once again and stay healthy.

Felix
12-14-2018, 10:28 PM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

Enjoy the new lens but don't wait for the new lens to take photos. We don't know how new you are to photography but dont stay on the Auto mode and be sure to explore the other modes. Then ask or search for better understanding. There is lots to keep learning about and as a collective this forum has a wealth of knowledge.
12-17-2018, 06:19 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Welcome to Pentax Forums.