Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2008, 03:32 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from Florida

Hi!

Just stumbled onto this forum today. Have already posted in the lens discussion forum, weighing in on the Vivitar TX topic.

I am a long time Canon user. I'll wait for the groans to settle down! I've become a sometime Pentax user by accident. My brother presented me with a (broken) ME Super found at a Ham Radio Fest. A family friend asked me to care for his K-1000 as he has gone digital. Earlier this year I found what I consider the most attractive camera of its day, a Spotmatic, at a thrift store. I asked the nice old lady how much it was. "One dollar", she replied, "and I think this goes with it". "This" was a 105/2.8 Super Takumar. Another dollar spent! The meter on the Spottie doesn't work and the Super Tak has some schmutz growing in it, but it takes pictures. Here's one from the first roll.

Danny Morris Band. 60s surf music extraordinaire.

I'm more a lurker than poster. Looking forward to your discussions.

Bill

09-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Bill--
Welcome! Where in Florida do you live? Just in case you don't know where Williston is, it's in the Gainesville/Ocala area.

Heather
09-28-2008, 05:04 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi Heather

Don't know much about Florida yet! I live in Sebastian, near Vero Beach on the east coast. Familiar with Palm Bay, Melbourne and Orlando. Been to Ocala (Garlits Museum), Silver Springs, Lakeland (Air show), St. Augustine (Vacation). That's about the extent of my familiarity with the sunshine state, so far. I'll honk if I drive through Williston!
09-28-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

the Takumar lens are great old glass you can pick them up still cheap compared to modern digital lens. Should you want to get the meter fixed you can always send it to eric at Home to try and fix it. sending the spotmatic I just bought to him to check out and replace what needs it. I look forward to using my Tak collection on a spotmatic. welcome to the club and post dont just lurk

09-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Not too concerened with the meter. I've gotten okay at guessing exposure, at least with color print film. More concerned with the growth in the 105. Would like to clean it out before it gets too bad. Have not taken apart a Takumar yet.

Lowell Ma. is not terra incognita for me. I lived in Vermont for 25 years and got into MA several times a years. Often twice a year for the PHSNE shows in Waltham. I know downtown Lowell was tough territory for a long time. Any improvement in the past few years?
09-28-2008, 06:51 PM   #6
Veteran Member

we are slowly becoming more civilized here, there are still sections that you dont really want to be in at night by yourself but its getting there. never figured i would get a comment from anyone on here that actually visited here however.