Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2019, 04:10 PM - 1 Like   #1

this is the wrong area, I'm sure, but Ideas...

I need to buy a camera, so I click marketplace. Ok, so I need to make a donation, and I think I'm gonna, 'cause yu guys have been awesome, but as a general note...? Gatekeep the sellers, not the buyers. Take a 1% donation on sales, and let anyone - anyone in the whole world, even if they're not registered - see the listings and buy stuff.

The "ignorance cost risk" there is maybe the community is so close knit that sellers would rather only sell to people dedicated enough to pay to look at the listings. But, if not, just an idea.

The other idea is for Wikipedia. Canon and Nikon have these pages where there's huge info for their cameras, like this one: Comparison of Canon EOS digital cameras - Wikipedia but nobody's showed Pentax the love to create and upkeep such a page. I don't have the knowledge, but I can help with graphics (probably not needed) and wiki-markup (which is terrible, but generally only a little worse than most forum markup) or would that not be a cool thing?

01-24-2019, 04:26 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unless things have changed the selling ads are open to everyone to see. Wanted ads might be restricted.
01-24-2019, 04:40 PM   #3
amateur dirt farmer...
Loyal Site Supporter

anybody can peruse, but you have to donate to sell on the Marketplace...
01-24-2019, 05:00 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Yup, all for sale listings are accessible to everyone.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-24-2019, 11:19 PM - 1 Like   #5

Original Poster
I'm not sure how I got that wrong - I'm sorry. All I got before was the portion of the page about needing to donate to have acess, but then the site stalled for a while, so I may have been aving a browser issue. >.>;;

I'm gonna go look for a camera to buy, then. >.>;;
01-25-2019, 05:28 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by EyeQueue Quote
I'm not sure how I got that wrong - I'm sorry. All I got before was the portion of the page about needing to donate to have acess, but then the site stalled for a while, so I may have been aving a browser issue. >.>;;

I'm gonna go look for a camera to buy, then. >.>;;
Awesome! There should be many good options to choose from. Remember to send private messages for any negotiating and post publicly only factual questions or comments. Do not publicly comment on prices.
01-26-2019, 09:54 AM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Is that you all sorted now?
01-26-2019, 10:16 AM   #8
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by EyeQueue Quote
. . . I'm gonna go look for a camera to buy, then. >.>;;
are you aware you can sort the listings in the market place by country where the item is ?

The Pentax Marketplace | Buy & Sell Pentax Cameras and Lenses (United States) - PentaxForums.com

01-30-2019, 04:23 PM   #9

Original Poster
thank you all... I'm gonna get banished.