Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2019, 09:23 PM   #1

New member from South Texas

Been mostly shooting on Canon kits and lenses for the past few years but saw the quality with a lot of Pentax bodies and decided to start collecting gear. I mostly shoot family or community events but really wanting to indulge my solemn side and start with nature photography as we have Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge maybe 20 miles from my home so any tips on gear or people willing to sell full kits would be appreciated.

I hope to make friends of you and learn from a lifetime of collected knowlege on this forum

Cheers

01-31-2019, 02:03 AM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome

lots of information and advice available here in the camera, lenses and accessory reviews and the articles

if you want to list your equipment, it might be easier to help your inquiry but remember

you will be able to succeed based on a combination of gear, skill, knowledge and even sometime luck

just enjoy photography and you will be a success

if interested in " experienced " equipment, I have had nothing but good luck dealing with other members in the Market Place ( which you can sort by country [ USA ] where the equipment is located )

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/?security...d+States&all=1

and there is an option of renting equipment to do your own trial run:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/137-photographic-industry-professionals/...ml#post4542890

Last edited by aslyfox; 01-31-2019 at 02:09 AM.
01-31-2019, 08:23 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Welcome to Pentax Forums.
01-31-2019, 01:03 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You will, occasionally, see full kits for sale on the Marketplace. Likely you'll want to piece together YOUR kit, though.
WR lenses and bodies are nice security when in the field, trust me!

02-11-2019, 01:18 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, you've come to the right place to get folk to help you spend your money.