Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Greets from Vancouver Island

Hello everyone. I just found this site with some help from a few people on DevART, and I have to say: sweet. I am an avid Pentax user, and so am pleased to find a community where other like-minded individuals reside.

I have two cameras: a Spotmatic F, and a K200D. The Spot was inherited from my father who bought it when he was my age in 1972 (I'm 22) and came with three Takumar lenses... a 55/1.8, 135/2.5 and a 135/3.5. The second lens has a filter thread of 58, but the other two are 49s. I was hoping to get an adapter at some point to use them as prime lenses with my K200D.

The K200D I bought little more than a week ago. I had, by that point, played with every single camera I could get my hands on... my roomate's Rebel XTi, the Nikon D40/60/80, the Rebel XSi, a 40D, and a Sony A300. Nothing came close to matching the feeling of the Pentax... which is difficult to explain. It's a little heavier than most of the cameras I mentioned (aside from the 40D), so it felt nice and solid, something most of the cameras in the $600 range seem to lack. Also, the dust/weather sealing struck me as a huge plus... eventually, I'd like to get some DA* lenses to make good use of the feature, but I have a lot of ramen to eat before I can afford them. The controls felt well laid out, the shutter felt good, and within 3 minutes, I knew my way around the camera. I think it probably helped that I knew what kind of abuse my father's Spot took on it's 37 year journey to me, too.

So here I am, a happy Pentax user. I do mostly landscape/urban photography, a little on the artsy side, but am getting better at animals and things in motion. Eventually, I want to be able to work as a professional, but I have a lot to learn, really. So I'm patient. And I'm sure I'll learn a lot more.

09-30-2008, 02:05 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome aboard, get some pictures posted, I look forward to seeing them.
09-30-2008, 09:05 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Some pictures just got posted, majority of which are from the past few days ago. Two of which (the darker night scenes) were shot with a K200D that I had borrowed from a friend.