Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2019, 04:16 PM   #1

Hello Forum

I like this forum very much and read here for a long time again and again. Now i registered and want to introduce me.
After a trip to scottland with an analog praktica I thought about a change to a dslr and purchased a K-m in 2009. Especially beause it runs with aa-cells and on the other hand because of the water resistance. It has come with a smc da-l 1:3.5-5.6 18-55mm and a smc da 1:4.5-5.6 50-200mm.
But one year later a friend of mine showed me his 2010 k-r with iso 25600 -- i was a bit jealous... perhaps even a bit more.
I had taken photos with analog cameras nearly for twenty years and used 3200-iso-film not very often, but with the new possibilities i wanted more.
Then the smartphones with their really good cameras came up. My enthusiasm sank to a minimum. I tried the comeback with the purchase of a Asahi Pentax-M 50mm f/1.4. It works, but not good enough.
Then I started to search for a better camera but didn't want to loose my lenses - and I am - don't know really why - a pentaxian. (Perhaps also because the praktica had pentacon lenses - but that's another story)
Than came day X this year and i found a k-70 body with a 50% reduction. With this body in hand I bought a tamron 70-300mm and a SMC Pentax-FA 50mm F1.4 on occasion (the tamron was kind of a costless extra).
I know, that the lenses i use are kind of cheap in many ways - perhaps except for the smc fa 50mm (that i like very much) - but I am very enthusiastic.
The next lense shall be the new pentax 35mm... let's see - would be the most expensive i would purchase.
With growing talents grows the lense-set (may I say so?)
Just trying.

02-08-2019, 05:46 PM   #2
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums. You will be even more of a Pentaxian when you spend some time here. There is nothing wrong with any of those lenses. It is not so much the lens as the photographer that makes the difference, so use and enjoy them.
02-09-2019, 07:01 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum.
02-09-2019, 07:44 AM   #4
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

welcome

I hope you enjoy joining us

I agree with PJ1 about your equipment

the fact is that good photography is the result of knowledge, experience and equipment combined

Gear Acquisition Syndrome and/or Lenses Buying Addiction has been noted, from time to time, in these forums

Your latest acquisition - PentaxForums.com

some of us really enjoy offering opinions on how you should spend your money

and more importantly some members actually have useful knowledge in those situations.

one of the great things about Pentax ( IMHO ) is the ability to use older glass on modern cameras.

and the resulting opportunity to save some $

so don't be shy and ask questions if you want to

02-09-2019, 01:52 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you very much for your encouraging posts.

@aslyfox
GAS and LBA is a good warning.
I might be a bit susceptible to it.
02-23-2019, 03:00 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland.
02-23-2019, 03:57 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum!

Kind regards,
Mark
aotearoa
(New Zealand)