Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2019, 07:13 AM - 1 Like   #1

Greetings From Florida!

Greetings from sunny Florida!

Bit of Rip Van Winkle going on here after a hiatus in photography.

Shot a lot during the film days on a Pentax K-2 (my all-time favorite camera body!) and a Ricoh XR-2s. When the digital transition started, I was too busy with life and family and succumbed to a simple point and shoot.

Fast forward to pulling out the bag of glass a few weeks ago upon learning the awesome news that Pentax digital bodies would work on old manual lenses. So, picked up a used K-50, now in hand, and thanks to those you who put instructions on how to get it to work with manual lenses, Iím back in the Pentax world!

Thankfully Iíd packed well for long term storage. Everything is clean and clear. Shooting with four SMC-Mís: 20mm f4; 28mm f2.8; 50mm f1.7; and 200mm f4.0. Along with two el-cheapo zooms that Iím trying to see if they will play nice with the camera.

Excited to be back, quickly enjoying the ďstop and thinkĒ aspect of working with Ďreal lensesí and thrilled to see the quality of the images again!

02-09-2019, 07:52 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum from another in Florida!

I also use a lot of old lenses, which was part of the reason I went from film to Pentax digital many years ago.
02-09-2019, 08:29 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to Pentax Forums!
02-09-2019, 10:18 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome!

02-10-2019, 05:53 AM   #5
Photo Forum Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

And welcome aboard from a Florida cracker! Happy to see another Pentax Florida shooter on here. And another who started started in film with a Pentax and stayed because of the old lens using reason.
02-10-2019, 05:59 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JoelA Quote
Greetings from sunny Florida!

Bit of Rip Van Winkle going on here after a hiatus in photography.

Shot a lot during the film days on a Pentax K-2 (my all-time favorite camera body!) and a Ricoh XR-2s. When the digital transition started, I was too busy with life and family and succumbed to a simple point and shoot.

Fast forward to pulling out the bag of glass a few weeks ago upon learning the awesome news that Pentax digital bodies would work on old manual lenses. So, picked up a used K-50, now in hand, and thanks to those you who put instructions on how to get it to work with manual lenses, Iím back in the Pentax world!

Thankfully Iíd packed well for long term storage. Everything is clean and clear. Shooting with four SMC-Mís: 20mm f4; 28mm f2.8; 50mm f1.7; and 200mm f4.0. Along with two el-cheapo zooms that Iím trying to see if they will play nice with the camera.

Excited to be back, quickly enjoying the ďstop and thinkĒ aspect of working with Ďreal lensesí and thrilled to see the quality of the images again!
Welcome back!
02-23-2019, 03:04 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome from a not so sunny Highlands of Scotland.
02-23-2019, 03:56 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum Joel!

Kind regards,
Mark
aotearoa
(New Zealand)

02-25-2019, 07:13 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Always great photo opportunities here in Florida, as long as you aren't looking for any mountains

Welcome, I'm sure that K-50 will serve you very well.