Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2019, 03:39 PM - 1 Like   #1

Pentax Optio E40 8.1 MP Camera

Today, I picked up a group of camera items I won from an online auction. Amongst the items,I discovered there was a point and shoot camera. I love point and shoot cameras because many of them can take great macro shots, especially product photography shots, for next to nothing in terms of dollar cost. Alot cheaper than buying a Macro lense of course.

So, I saw the point and shoot camera in the lot I won, and it happens to be a Pentax Optio E40 - 8 MP camera. I didnt think it was going to be so great because the camera is more than 10 years old and only is capable of 8 MP. Now, I know MP doesnt = great photos, but I stil thought it wasn't going to be great being that it is quite old and 'primative' as far as point and shoot cameras go.

I just got home about 1 hour ago, starting taking some photos with it and was BLOWN AWAY at the quality of pictures this little camera produces!!!

I was thinking to myself: 'If a 10+ year old Pentax point and shoot can take pictures this good, imagine what an APS-C Pentax produced in the past couple of years is able to do.

So, I searched google for Pentax forums, found this forum and have now joined.

Regards

02-09-2019, 05:09 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! You’ll find a lot of good information here, and be entertained too. Glad you found a nice pointy and shoot, I never really thought about the macro capability of them, but you are right.
02-09-2019, 06:58 PM   #3
PJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums. My wife used a Pentax Optio 6MP for years and I still carry it when I need something small as a "just in case" camera or to remind me that I am not getting as much from my DSLR as I should. Enjoy the company here.
02-23-2019, 03:01 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, enjoy that "new" bit of kit.