Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2019, 10:52 PM   #1

G'day From South Australia

Hi all. My name is Travis and I'm from Adelaide, South Australia.

First off, I must say that I'm extremely impressed with the photographs that I'm seeing on this forum. You guys and girls are true artists creating some incredible works that belong in a gallery!

To be honest, photography isn't my main hobby, but it has pervaded my other hobbies which include racing off road radio controlled cars and building japanese model kits (mostly Gundam).

I started out about 6 years ago with an *IST DL with some cheap Sigma lenses as my RC club was just starting out and I figured photos would be a great way to promote it and gain some visibility on social media. It turned out to be quite fun and fellow racers seem to really enjoy having images of their car in action. I still have a lot to learn, but I can say that I've had a lot of practice shooting small, fast moving objects.

A couple of months ago I decided to invest into a better lens and went with a Sigma 17-50mm F2.8, only to discover that my old *IST DL couldn't handle HSM lenses. So I started looking for a new Pentax body and I believe I scored an amazingly cheap deal with a K100D Super that was wrongly listed on ebay as 'for parts / not working'. The issue was that the LCD live view apparently didn't work. Thanks to the research I'd done, I knew that live view wasn't actually a feature of the K100D Super, so I ended up only paying $29 for it and as far as I can tell it works perfectly. The shuttercount was only 300, too! Crazy for such an old camera.

Anyway, I should share a few photos and see how hosted images display on this forum while I'm at it. Thanks for looking and I look forward to learning what I can from the wealth of knowledge here.

*IST DL with Sigma 28-80mm F3.5-5.6 II Macro

And a couple with the K100D Super with the Sigma 17-50mm 2.8

Last edited by Vital-Blurs; 03-05-2019 at 06:54 PM.
03-04-2019, 10:57 PM   #2
Photo Forum Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Vital-Blurs Quote
Hi all. My name is Travis and I'm from Adelaide, South Australia
Well, you should fit right in here, we have a fair few of Adelaide Ozzies. Welcome aboard! We're a friendly bunch and a lot of knowledge can be found here, with very knowledgeable people willing to help you.
03-04-2019, 11:32 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Nice shots by the way. Please show us more
03-04-2019, 11:39 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome, from the over side of.... Adelaide

As photolady95 said, there are several more of us. Enjoy what the Forums have to offer!

03-05-2019, 12:18 AM   #5
hcc
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum. Yes plenty of good advice at PF and quite a few Aussies....
03-05-2019, 06:49 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Travis,

Welcome to PF and thanks for your super intro, with pictures no less! Hope you have some time to become a frequent participant.

Getting those great shots of the RC cars must take a good level of skill; good on ya!

I took a business trip to Adelaide several years ago. Apart from the lengthy trip to get there, I had a blast.

- Craig
03-05-2019, 06:54 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum.

From where I live, all of Australia is south.
03-05-2019, 09:03 AM   #8

Original Poster
Thanks for the warm welcome. It's good to see such an active forum here in 2019. I'll post a couple more shots, but it's mostly models for now. I hope to expand my photographic sense now that I've just picked up a K-r coupled with an SMC Pentax M 50mm 1.7

03-06-2019, 07:24 AM   #9
PEG Gallery Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Hielands o' Scootlund....... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand"..............William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, now you can combine both your hobbies into one.
03-10-2019, 06:25 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome from another Aussie
Nice pics. Enjoy the forums