Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2019, 04:37 AM   #1

hallo from holland

hello,

I'm getting into photografie and im in love with it!! im not the person to spend money on something if there is a way to do it better and cheaper. so i bought a sony A5100 for cheap but the lenses are expensive and i decided to use the lens off of an old camera that i got from my neghbour aqbout 10 years ago. i played with the camera a lot when i was a child but it somehow survived my careless handeling. its a praktica camera with a pentacon 50mm lens with f1.8!!! its a great lens for portrets and its vary compact but it has 1 problem, its always zomed in. when i want to take a photo of 2 people i have to step 3 meters back. so i decided to buy a nother old lens and i looked on marktplaats (the dutch ebay) and I looked for other old cameras, becouse if you buy a seperate lens its 5x the price. i found an ad that sayd something like "vintage camera with old lens" for 15 euro's. i picked it up and it turned out to be an old pentax mg with te SMG pentax-m 35mm-70mm f2.8-f3.5. the camera is sort of working, but the lens was mint. the camera has a wierd thing that when i push the levar it 2/3 times clicks imedeately but the miror doesnt move. it works randomly and sometimes 1/2 contantly.

i wanted to ask if therte were any lenses to look out for?
And does anyone know what could be the cause of the malfunction of the camera?

thanks in andvance,
Bear.

03-05-2019, 04:54 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum!

Kind regards,
Mark

aotearoa
(New Zealand)
03-06-2019, 07:21 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, fortunately fine Pentax glass doesn't have to cost the earth.