Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2019, 08:34 AM   #1

Hello from Columbus, OH

I'm "old school" and grew up with film and darkrooms.
Shot with Miranda, Minolta, Nikon, Olympus (still have & use OM1-n) and Pentax during the 35mm film days.

In this digital era cameras used are: Olympus E-3, Nikon D300, Nikon D7000, Nikon D7100 and most recently a Pentax K-5.
After reading about Pentax I decided to try a digital out, and purchase a used Pentax K-5 (12k shutter count) with a Tamron 18-200mm lens.

I must say, I'm impressed by the build of the K-5 and it's various features. I updated the firmware to latest version and auto focus improved on the Tamron.
I need to get some additional lenses for it and would welcome suggestions. After further shooting and comparing, I may decide to shed the Nikon gear and move to Pentax.
The K-3 is calling my name.

03-06-2019, 09:37 AM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome

I went from the K 5 II to a K 3 and then grabbed a K 3 II when B H had a good sales price

if you can let us know what your interests are, we can give more targeted advice regarding other lenses

some of us love give advice on how to spend your money

I have always had good luck on " experienced " lenses dealing with members in the forum's market place

it can be filtered to show where the equipment is located:

The Pentax Marketplace | Buy & Sell Pentax Cameras and Lenses (United States) - PentaxForums.com

make sure you take advantage of the reviews under " cameras " and " lenses " to learn about possible choices

and this tool:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-cameras-compared/?c1=Pentax+K-5&c...=Pentax+K-3+II
03-06-2019, 10:45 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Welcome to Pentax Forums.
03-06-2019, 01:20 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, enjoy your time spent here with us all.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 03-06-2019 at 01:27 PM.
03-06-2019, 01:30 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Eric, from a fellow Buckeye and Pextaxian up in the Toledo area. Yes, the K-5 is a great camera but the K-3 is even better. I own the K-5iis version along with a K-3, love them both.

We look forward to your participation in the forum.
03-07-2019, 02:53 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
welcome

I went from the K 5 II to a K 3 and then grabbed a K 3 II when B H had a good sales price

if you can let us know what your interests are, we can give more targeted advice regarding other lenses

some of us love give advice on how to spend your money

I have always had good luck on " experienced " lenses dealing with members in the forum's market place

it can be filtered to show where the equipment is located:

The Pentax Marketplace | Buy & Sell Pentax Cameras and Lenses (United States) - PentaxForums.com

make sure you take advantage of the reviews under " cameras " and " lenses " to learn about possible choices

and this tool:

Pentax K-5 vs. Pentax K-3 vs. Pentax K-3 II - Pentax Camera Comparison - PentaxForums.com
Thanks for the info. Checked and Compared the K-1, K-3 and K-5.

Last edited by ErikRuss; 03-13-2019 at 04:21 AM.