Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2019, 06:51 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by microlight Quote
Welcome from another former Sussex dweller. Although I didnít move quite so far away! (Hampshire!)
Thanks so much. Itís a small world indeed. I do miss it it over there. Lol. Iíll get back one day.

---------- Post added 03-31-19 at 06:52 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome, lurk no more that's you introduced to us all now.
Thanks for the welcome. Itís greatly appreciate. Now that the ice has been broken Iíll be yapping all the time. Lol. Have a great day.

---------- Post added 03-31-19 at 06:54 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
Welcome to the forum and welcome to Oklahoma! There used to be several of us on here who all belonged to a camera club in Oklahoma City. We'd love to have you come visit us sometime if you're so inclined. Regardless, I think you'll find this forum is a great place to hang out.
Thanks so much for the warm welcome. Where in OK are you located. I have never been to the OK camera club, but would love to visit for sure. That would be great. Iím looking forward to getting to know you guys.

---------- Post added 03-31-19 at 06:56 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
No problem at all. Itís a long review on The Phoblographer, but I hope everyone will like the read.

04-01-2019, 04:57 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by brettday Quote
Thanks so much for the warm welcome. Where in OK are you located. I have never been to the OK camera club, but would love to visit for sure. That would be great. Iím looking forward to getting to know you guys.
I'm in the Oklahoma City area. There are two main camera clubs in OKC. One is the Okla. Camera Club and the other is Metro Camera Club. I belong to Metro, but we have several folks who belong to both. We'd love to have you join Metro, but if the Okla. Camera Club suits you better, that's fine. Our attitude is that the more people we can get interested in photography, the better both clubs will do.

I see you've posted some shots from the Wichita Wildlife Refuge. I don't know how long you've been in Oklahoma, but around the end of May-first of June, that place ought to be covered in wildflowers. It's one of my favorite places to shoot. This shot will give you some idea of how it looks during the wildflower bloom. It's from along the road leading to the dam at Quanah Parker Lake.
04-01-2019, 06:35 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanting to say hi and share a little about me. My name is Brett, I am originally from Brighton, England, but now live in Oklahoma. I was a Canon user for close to 16 years and then switched to Fujifilm and was generally liking the system. As a writer for a huge photography blog I was given the opportunity to test out the K1 Mk II by Richoh.

After using the camera for close to four weeks I had discovered something I thought I had lost, my passion for photography. I know sounds weird seeing as I work in the industry as a business owner and gear editor right. It was just a gut feeling that I had. Something was missing, and I can say that the K1 Mk II let me find that again. After posting my review, and after talking to Ricoh for a while I made the decision to sell all of my Fujifilm gear and start fresh with Pentax! I got my new K1 Mk II ordered yesterday direct from Ricoh and it should be with me in the coming week. I am beyond excited about it, and I am very excited about becoming a part of these forums.

To start off with I will just have the D FA 28-105mm F3.5-5.6ED DC WR HD, I do however have the chance to buy the older Tamron 28-75, f2,8 as well though for about $275. Anyway I know I will build my lens collection up in time. Just wanted to say hi, and that I am looking forward to getting to know you guys. Hope you all have a great weekend.
Welcome aboard. Saw your gallery images and liked your style and PP. Looking forward to more postings from you in the future and hope that you will continue to enjoy Pentax equipment for many years to come.

Stephen
04-01-2019, 07:55 AM   #19

Original Poster
I'm in the Oklahoma City area. There are two main camera clubs in OKC. One is the Okla. Camera Club and the other is Metro Camera Club. I belong to Metro, but we have several folks who belong to both. We'd love to have you join Metro, but if the Okla. Camera Club suits you better, that's fine. Our attitude is that the more people we can get interested in photography, the better both clubs will do.

I see you've posted some shots from the Wichita Wildlife Refuge. I don't know how long you've been in Oklahoma, but around the end of May-first of June, that place ought to be covered in wildflowers. It's one of my favorite places to shoot. This shot will give you some idea of how it looks during the wildflower bloom. It's from along the road leading to the dam at Quanah Parker Lake.
Oh perfect. I'd love to know more about the Metro camera club for sure. When do you guys meet? I love the Wichita Mountains. I go down there all the time. I have been in Oklahoma for 17 years now, but I have not been down there to see the wildflowers like that. Will be the perfect excuse the bust of the K1 II down there. Nice pic too!

---------- Post added 04-01-19 at 07:56 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by SCGushue Quote
Welcome aboard. Saw your gallery images and liked your style and PP. Looking forward to more postings from you in the future and hope that you will continue to enjoy Pentax equipment for many years to come.

Stephen
Thanks so much, Stephen. I really appreciate the welcome and the kind words. I am looking forward to posting more images. My K1 II should be here Wednesday and I will be out and about snapping with it. Looking forward to getting to know you.

04-01-2019, 08:16 AM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

17 years? OH...I thought you were a more recent arrival. Well you probably know all about Oklahoma then. The club meets on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of every month at 7:15PM at the Will Rogers Garden Center. That's located on the NE corner of Will Rogers Park. I won't be at the next meeting, but if you decide to come, be sure to look me up. It won't be hard. There's only about 3 of us who shoot Pentax.
04-01-2019, 08:27 AM   #21

Original Poster
17 years? OH...I thought you were a more recent arrival. Well you probably know all about Oklahoma then. The club meets on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of every month at 7:15PM at the Will Rogers Garden Center. That's located on the NE corner of Will Rogers Park. I won't be at the next meeting, but if you decide to come, be sure to look me up. It won't be hard. There's only about 3 of us who shoot Pentax.
Yeah I know Oklahoma pretty well. Well enough to have seen all the crazy weather. There are some gorgeous places here to go and explore. I know Will Rogers Gardens well. I have plenty of clients request shoots there. I will have to put the meetings on my calendar and will have to make it up there. Will be nice to add another Pentaxian to the crowd
04-01-2019, 07:12 PM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Just wanted to say hi, and that I am looking forward to getting to know you guys.
Another welcome to Pentax Forums, Brett, from a northern neighbo(u)r!

Hope you find time to join various discussions and such.

- Craig
04-01-2019, 07:20 PM   #23

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Another welcome to Pentax Forums, Brett, from a northern neighbo(u)r!

Hope you find time to join various discussions and such.

- Craig
Hi, Craig. Thanks so much for the warm welcome. It has been a long time since i have seen neighbour spelled with a u! Good man! Made me feel like I was back home in Blighty. I have already been digging in to the forums. Lots of interesting things to talk about here. Looking forward to getting to know you.

04-03-2019, 03:22 AM - 1 Like   #24
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanting to say hi and share a little about me. My name is Brett, I am originally from Brighton, England, but now live in Oklahoma. I was a Canon user for close to 16 years and then switched to Fujifilm and was generally liking the system. As a writer for a huge photography blog I was given the opportunity to test out the K1 Mk II by Richoh.

After using the camera for close to four weeks I had discovered something I thought I had lost, my passion for photography. I know sounds weird seeing as I work in the industry as a business owner and gear editor right. It was just a gut feeling that I had. Something was missing, and I can say that the K1 Mk II let me find that again. After posting my review, and after talking to Ricoh for a while I made the decision to sell all of my Fujifilm gear and start fresh with Pentax! I got my new K1 Mk II ordered yesterday direct from Ricoh and it should be with me in the coming week. I am beyond excited about it, and I am very excited about becoming a part of these forums.

To start off with I will just have the D FA 28-105mm F3.5-5.6ED DC WR HD, I do however have the chance to buy the older Tamron 28-75, f2,8 as well though for about $275. Anyway I know I will build my lens collection up in time. Just wanted to say hi, and that I am looking forward to getting to know you guys. Hope you all have a great weekend.
Welcome to the clubhouse Brett! Great to have you join us.

Oklahoma, eh?

The K-1 and K-1II are great cameras. I havenít touched any of my APSC cameras since I got my K-1.
04-03-2019, 05:46 AM - 1 Like   #25

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Welcome to the clubhouse Brett! Great to have you join us.

Oklahoma, eh?

The K-1 and K-1II are great cameras. I havenít touched any of my APSC cameras since I got my K-1.
Thanks for the welcome. It is greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to diving in here.

Yeah Oklahoma...it was certainly a culture shock at first. Haha. I lived in a massive city back in England, and where I am now...well my closest neighbors are come horses and some cattle Oklahoma is really diverse though, so the K1 II will have some stunning landscapes to shoot. When did you get your K1?
04-03-2019, 08:18 AM - 1 Like   #26
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

When did you get your K1?
Almost two years ago, when the price dropped following the introduction of the K-1II.

As for Oklahoma having photo opportunities, here is one from back when I didn't have the K-1.

Near Tonkawa.

Same place, right after a nasty wind storm (they called it straight line winds, as there was no tornado). The wind blew this guy's pickup and trailer over. There were lots of big trucks blown over too.

04-03-2019, 10:00 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Welcome to the Pentax Forum. I've got a K1 and 28-105...a great combo. I did look at a Fuji a few weeks ago, the base model with interchangeable lens capability as I wanted a small daily camera, but in the end bought a Ricoh GR ll. The Fuji is nice though.

I recall being in in Brighton in May of '74. A nice city by the seaside, I do recall walking around town, the pier, etc.
04-04-2019, 11:32 AM - 1 Like   #28

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Almost two years ago, when the price dropped following the introduction of the K-1II.

As for Oklahoma having photo opportunities, here is one from back when I didn't have the K-1.

Near Tonkawa.

Same place, right after a nasty wind storm (they called it straight line winds, as there was no tornado). The wind blew this guy's pickup and trailer over. There were lots of big trucks blown over too.

Great shots. Yeah this is a regular sight in Oklahoma! The wind can be quite insane,

---------- Post added 04-04-19 at 11:33 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Welcome to the Pentax Forum. I've got a K1 and 28-105...a great combo. I did look at a Fuji a few weeks ago, the base model with interchangeable lens capability as I wanted a small daily camera, but in the end bought a Ricoh GR ll. The Fuji is nice though.

I recall being in in Brighton in May of '74. A nice city by the seaside, I do recall walking around town, the pier, etc.
Ahh the GR II is a great little camera. I have used one many times. I think you made a great choice. Small world! Yeah Brighton is a great town. Lots of history and nightlife! The pier..you wouldn't recognize it now. It has been turned into a theme park. Roller coasters out in the ocean! Crazy times.