Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2019, 01:08 PM - 1 Like   #1

self-intro

Hello fellow pentaxians.

I have own a Pentax since I bought my first K-x in Korea in 2010. After that my K-x was stolen in Peru, and I bought a K-7, then I bought out of a whim a K-50. With some lenses here and there, including a fish-eye (from samsung) and a 40mm prime LE.

Now, my k-50 is having that dark pictures issue, so I am going to send it to a local authorized repair center to have it fixed (200 CAD).

And I am planning to buy a Q camera for my wife.... Hopefully they don't kill the product line...

I am very much into Macro photography and weird focus-less architectures (thats how my wife calls them)...

I live in Toronto Canada.

Thanks!

Daniel C.

03-31-2019, 01:27 PM   #2

Welcome Daniel !!!!
03-31-2019, 02:14 PM   #3
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums, Daniel. The Q is a lot of fun but it is hard to say what the future holds. Ricoh/Pentax never actually say that it is dead. There are still lenses being sold new in Japan but I get the feeling they could switch off life support at any time (some would say they are really just keeping it in the freezer and pretending). I along with quite a few others would be sad to see it go. But you can still enjoy your Pentax DSLRs so keep shooting,
Peter
03-31-2019, 03:38 PM   #4
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Welcome.

03-31-2019, 04:54 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Hi Daniel, hope you find things to enjoy here.
03-31-2019, 08:59 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by evildani1981 Quote
Hello fellow pentaxians.

I have own a Pentax since I bought my first K-x in Korea in 2010. After that my K-x was stolen in Peru, and I bought a K-7, then I bought out of a whim a K-50. With some lenses here and there, including a fish-eye (from samsung) and a 40mm prime LE.

Now, my k-50 is having that dark pictures issue, so I am going to send it to a local authorized repair center to have it fixed (200 CAD).

And I am planning to buy a Q camera for my wife.... Hopefully they don't kill the product line...

I am very much into Macro photography and weird focus-less architectures (thats how my wife calls them)...

I live in Toronto Canada.

Thanks!

Daniel C.
Welcome.

I have received great enjoyment from both my Q-7 and my K-30. My K-30 is now afflicted with what I call Dark Image Syndrome, so I am using it exclusively with aperture-ring equipped lenses, and I have added a KP to my collection {it is a really great camera!}. The "Q" family seems to be on hiatus until Ricoh decides what to do with it, but all the components still seem to be available; if changing lenses is not joy to your wife, you might consider a GRiii instead if you can fit it into your budget.
04-01-2019, 01:33 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your time here.

04-01-2019, 05:56 PM   #8

Original Poster
Thanks for the picture. The main reason she wants a Q is because of the weight, because to be totally honest she takes better pictures than me... she might take ten pictures in a trip, but 9 are awesome. I take 1000 and maybe one or two are super good!

And also she dropped one the K-7 with a 18-270 because of the weight.... My 18-270 since then has trouble focusing in low light conditions...

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Welcome.

I have received great enjoyment from both my Q-7 and my K-30. My K-30 is now afflicted with what I call Dark Image Syndrome, so I am using it exclusively with aperture-ring equipped lenses, and I have added a KP to my collection {it is a really great camera!}. The "Q" family seems to be on hiatus until Ricoh decides what to do with it, but all the components still seem to be available; if changing lenses is not joy to your wife, you might consider a GRiii instead if you can fit it into your budget.