Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2019, 08:22 AM   #1

Hello from Utah.

Hey there.

I've been lurking on this forum for a long time. I may have even posted once or twice, but here I am introducing myself.

I've been a Pentaxian since 1986, when Santa brought me an ME Super. I loved that camera. Later on I started shopping eBay, and bought a silver, and a Black Super Program, also cameras I loved. I had a ZX-5n, a PZ-1p, an *ist D, K20d, K3 silver, and now I'm very excited to have purchased a K1ii.

I had lots of glass from the film days, which was woefully under utilized, so I pulled the trigger on FF finally. I guess I've stuck with Pentax so long, just because of my glass. I have a couple Tokina pro-ATX zooms with constant f2.8, and a number of SMC-M and FA primes. I just got the camera yesterday. I'm waiting for an LCD protector to come in, and I will start taking it out to photograph spring flowers.

Anyway, My father was a newspaper photographer. He built a darkroom in the basement of our family home. I started taking pictures at 10 or so, and developing my own by age 13. As of late, I've been rather lax in my photography. I went to Idaho for the Total Eclipse in 2017, and managed to go completely unprepared to take decent pics. After I realized just how bad I'd screwed up that event of a lifetime, I began taking it more seriously since then, culminating in the K1ii.

I'll try to participate here. Mostly I'm going to read, because I'm a bit rusty on my skills. I'm also going to try to glean as much as I can about the K1ii, and its features. I have decided I need to start doing star photography, since we camp out a lot in dark places. I need to start capturing the Milky Way in fun places. I know that's kind of a cliche subject, but I've never done it before, and I want to learn.

Thanks, and I'll see you around.

Last edited by Sandy Hancock; 05-17-2019 at 09:03 PM.
05-02-2019, 08:52 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax Forums. I also have the K-1 II. It is an excellent camera.
05-02-2019, 10:17 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello and welcome. There's a few of us Pentaxians here in UT. I'm in SLC and mostly a landscape/wildlife photographer, and have a K-1 and KP.

There's another Utah member here that runs a Facebook group called Utah Nightscape/Landscape photography if you're on Facebook.
05-02-2019, 12:03 PM - 1 Like   #4

Original Poster
I left facebook a while ago. I wasn't enjoying politics invading everything, and the toxic environment. Perhaps I'm missing out on some good stuff, but I felt like the bad outweighed the good there. That's one reason I'm here.

05-02-2019, 12:04 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Welcome from the UK!
05-02-2019, 12:46 PM   #6
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia.
05-02-2019, 02:40 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome, enjoy your time spent here with us all.
05-02-2019, 03:39 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum - a haven for bacon lovers! LOL

Kind regards,
Mark
aotearoa
(New Zealand)

05-02-2019, 05:10 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian At Large
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BaconBehemoth Quote
I guess I've stuck with Pentax so long, just because of my glass.
That is a good reason, I did the same. Welcome! Utah has a lot of dark skies, and it looks pretty good in the daylight as well. I plan on Revisiting that later this year.
05-02-2019, 07:19 PM   #10

Hi Baconbehemoth, here's welcoming you from Jamaica!
all the best..good to stop lurking. ..
05-02-2019, 08:06 PM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

Welcome. I also live in Utah (and Idaho) and love camping. I have a 1960 truck camper and a 27' bumper pull and we go all over the western US looking for great camping spots. On each camping trip I'll usually bring one or two Pentax SLRs loaded with color film and another with B&W.
05-03-2019, 04:24 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums from Kanuckistan where bacon (and not that silly stuff called Canadian bacon) is revered and consumed in great quantities. Drove through Utah back in 2015...must go back for a longer visit.
05-03-2019, 09:46 AM - 1 Like   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Welcome to the forums from Kanuckistan where bacon (and not that silly stuff called Canadian bacon) is revered and consumed in great quantities. Drove through Utah back in 2015...must go back for a longer visit.
It's a beautiful state. Our five national parks are amazing. The variety of landscapes is almost unparalleled.
05-17-2019, 08:36 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

G'day mate and welcome to the forum