Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2019, 08:32 AM   #1

New to forum and pentax

Hi im from texas been using nikon and i found pentax which swept me off my feet im in love being a shakey person this seems like a match made in heaven. I dont own one yet but im working on it ! Would love to make friends hit me up !

05-05-2019, 09:42 AM   #2

Hi,
I have been using Pentax cameras and lenses for 50 years. I don't have a digital Pentax, but have many vintage film cameras and lenses.
Welcome to the forum!

Phil
05-05-2019, 12:44 PM   #3
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome.
05-05-2019, 05:40 PM   #4
Pentaxian

welcome. many great people and lots of experiences shared within these halls.

05-06-2019, 06:26 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, enjoy all that it has to offer.
05-08-2019, 03:36 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.

Kind regards,
Mark
aotearoa
(New Zealand)
05-08-2019, 07:09 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks guys im already in the process of buying a k5 from someone in the forum! Im really excited !
05-08-2019, 07:14 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chefjose Quote
Thanks guys im already in the process of buying a k5 from someone in the forum! Im really excited !
You won't be disappointed. The K5 is a fantastic camera. If you need help with any of the settings once you have it, feel free to shout out.

05-08-2019, 10:28 PM   #9

Hello All, I am a photobug, Leica M10 and Q user. I grew up using film cameras. I have always wanted to get back into the film system and have my eye on the Pentax 67. I have seen lots of them available on Ebay most saying that they are mint or near mint condition. For a little advice to this newbie, what are the first things you would warn me about? Any other advice or suggestions are welcomed. Again, thanks in advance.
05-08-2019, 10:37 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Mlittlespix Quote
Hello All, I am a photobug, Leica M10 and Q user. I grew up using film cameras. I have always wanted to get back into the film system and have my eye on the Pentax 67. I have seen lots of them available on Ebay most saying that they are mint or near mint condition. For a little advice to this newbie, what are the first things you would warn me about? Any other advice or suggestions are welcomed. Again, thanks in advance.
I would recommend that you start your own thread in the medium format forum:

Pentax Medium Format - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-10-2019, 06:38 PM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
You won't be disappointed. The K5 is a fantastic camera. If you need help with any of the settings once you have it, feel free to shout out.
well I dont have it yet but Im confused to which lenses will or wont work on it theres so many ! since i have to buy another lens id like to know what to look for ? if that makes sense.
05-10-2019, 06:46 PM - 1 Like   #12
Photo Forum Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

All lenses except the new HD 55-300 WR ED PLM will work on your K-5. I have one of those caemra's too and love the idea that I can shoot the ISO at 80, great choice you made.

And welcome to the forum.
05-11-2019, 07:16 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chefjose Quote
well I dont have it yet but Im confused to which lenses will or wont work on it theres so many ! since i have to buy another lens id like to know what to look for ? if that makes sense.
WIthout adapters, any k-mount lens will work on your camera, except for the one lens mentioned by photolady. With an M42 adapter, you can use most older screw thread mount Pentax lenses too.
05-12-2019, 08:03 PM   #14

Original Poster
So what about the sigmas or whatever that dont say k mount even k mounts dont say k mount im confused but i love it
05-17-2019, 08:22 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

G'day mate and welcome to the forum