Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2019, 11:45 AM   #1

Hello There

Hey guys, Saintwa here from Holland.

I am quite new to this, have been doing photography for less than a year now.

I have always been fascinated by cameras and the art of photography but it was only after rediscovering my dads old nikon film camera (relatively old) that I got starded.

Right now I am shooting with a nikon d3200 but I feel like I am missing some focal lenghts and looks. I got here after doing my research on good and affordable vintage lenses. Great forum!
I would love to learn more about photography here

By the way does anyone know if vintage pentax lenses , m42 and k mount, can be adapted to the f mount? Or will that be a problem?
(F.e. canon fd lenses can not be adapted to nikon f due to the focussing distance)

*Fun fact, my dad used to shoot pentax back in the days and he loved it

05-06-2019, 11:51 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard! I don't think you have very many options when adapting to Nikon, unfortunately- see the thread below:

Pentax (K) lenses on Nikon Body, possible? - PentaxForums.com

One alternative, if you want to use vintage lenses, would be to pick up a cheap Pentax or Canon camera. You can use both with M42 lenses, and you can use K-mount lenses on Canon if you neuter the aperture lever (this lowers the value of the lens so it's not something I'd recommend doing often).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-06-2019, 12:43 PM   #3
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia.
05-06-2019, 01:31 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome!

Years ago I put a split-prism focus screen in my K10D, it worked well. I haven't tried with the K5 or K3II, though they seem better at unmodified manual focus anyway. It's an easy way to use those old fully-manual lenses, though - and inexpensive on an old body!

05-06-2019, 03:34 PM   #5

Original Poster
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your replies!

Also thank you Adam!

I love the warm and charakteristic looks of vintage glass, such a shame I can't adapt.. even Nikon vintage glass is just so outrageously expensive..

I will look in to multiple options then ^^ perhaps a Mirrorless system?
05-06-2019, 03:38 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Saintwa Quote
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your replies!

Also thank you Adam!

I love the warm and charakteristic looks of vintage glass, such a shame I can't adapt.. even Nikon vintage glass is just so outrageously expensive..

I will look in to multiple options then ^^ perhaps a Mirrorless system?
The nice thing about mirrorless is that you can adapt just about anything. There are lots of Sony A7 users doing the same thing

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-07-2019, 12:08 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, as others have suggested... get yourself an older Pentax body and then your good to go with the fine vintage Pentax glass.
05-08-2019, 08:50 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Welcome to Pentax Forums.

05-08-2019, 03:35 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum.

Kind regards,
Mark
aotearoa