Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2019, 11:06 AM   #1

Hello...

Hi, I'm a new user, I don't know if it's here where I introduce myself?

---------- Post added 05-08-19 at 11:34 AM ----------

Ok I think I'm in the right place... Well hello, I used to be really into taking photographs in my early years, but since nearly all my gear was stolen from my house I lost the bug as the canon EOS just wasn't a patch on the F1n I had. I've decided to restart taking photographs, no less for the fact I now have a little girl (18 months old) I'm crazy about and want to obviously photograph her... A lot lol! Things have changed a lot since film days and now I have a K1 with 24-70 f2.8 and I'm drowning in its technology!!! Seems like a great camera however :-). I used to live and work in the UK and now same but in France. Been here for almost six years.

05-08-2019, 12:39 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your wee lassie as they grow so fast.
05-08-2019, 12:43 PM   #3
Closed Account

Hi from Australia.
05-08-2019, 12:45 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lefrog Quote

Ok I think I'm in the right place... Well hello, I used to be really into taking photographs in my early years, but since nearly all my gear was stolen from my house I lost the bug as the canon EOS just wasn't a patch on the F1n I had. I've decided to restart taking photographs, no less for the fact I now have a little girl (18 months old) I'm crazy about and want to obviously photograph her... A lot lol! Things have changed a lot since film days and now I have a K1 with 24-70 f2.8 and I'm drowning in its technology!!! Seems like a great camera however :-). I used to live and work in the UK and now same but in France. Been here for almost six years.
Welcome!
Take lots of photographs - time will pass very quickly, and it will never be like this again.

I used a Pentax to take lots of photographs of my daughters as they were growing up - lots of memories in those slides.

05-08-2019, 12:49 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lefrog Quote

---------- Post added 05-08-19 at 11:34 AM ----------

Welcome Lefrog from Le Rosbif in the UK! Hope you enjoy the forums and all the friendliness - it's a great place to get tips and to learn from. Friendliest forum on t'interweb!
05-08-2019, 03:35 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.

Kind regards,
Mark
aotearoa
(New Zealand)
05-10-2019, 12:08 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks for your reply guys, yes I'll keep snapping away, the little'n grows fast! Too fast lol!!

I need to ask some advice on a lens and camera body issue I have but I'll do this on another thread ...

05-11-2019, 11:46 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Welcome!
Take lots of photographs - time will pass very quickly, and it will never be like this again.

I used a Pentax to take lots of photographs of my daughters as they were growing up - lots of memories in those slides.
@reh321,

[..."Take lots of photographs - time will pass very quickly, and it will never be like this again.
I used a Pentax to take lots of photographs of my daughters as they were growing up - lots of memories in those slides."]

your welcome message to Lefrog remind me to a pretty article that i've read just yesterday on Lee Friedlander , published last january by Chris Wiley on "The New Yorker":

Lee Friedlander?s Intimate Portraits of His Wife, Through Sixty Years of Marriage | The New Yorker

All the best,

Ben-G
05-17-2019, 08:24 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

G'day mate and welcome to the forum