Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2019, 04:15 PM   #1

Hello from BC, Canada!

Hey there!

I've been a fan of Pentax glass and this forum with it's invaluable database(s) for a while now. I went to try adding to the collection of reviews, and realised I needed to post here first. I figure, it's a chance for me to talk about my experience with Pentax.

I was given a Canon T3 a few years back, and really struggled to make it shine with the very cheap kit lenses it came with. I became so frustrated that I turned back to B&W film, starting with a 35mm camera from the local chain thrift store. It was a mint Spotmatic SP-2 with a SMC Takumar 55/1.8 attached, for maybe $30 CAD. The moment I tried it on my DSLR, with a five finger adaptor, I was blown away. I didn't know that the camera was capable of taking such alive and textured pictures.

One of the first pictures I took holding the Tak in front of my Canon

A few years later and my Pentax (and other thrifted finds) collection has grown... a lot. Most notably, this was the year I took the plunge on upgrading from (to quote wikipedia) "Canon's most basic entry-level DSLR" to a used K-S2. I'm planning to move a couple hundred KM's north for school, and I'm excited that this time I'll be doing it with gear I love to use.

Passing the baton from old to new, taken with my KS-2 before giving the Canon away to family

Stray Cat Love

I'm sure I'll be posting more soon; this seems like a great community.

All the best,

Sabrina

05-30-2019, 04:32 PM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi Sabrina, welcome from Australia.
05-30-2019, 04:40 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Sabrina!

Kind regards,
Mark

aotearoa
(New Zealand)
05-31-2019, 02:23 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, sounds like another convert signed up...