Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2019, 08:17 PM   #1

Very happy to be here

Hey all,
As the owner of a Sony a6000, I am always on the look out for smaller lighter lenses that suit the a6000 body. I have used this forum extensive to inform my decisions. So far I am the very happy owner of three SMC pentax m primes (28 2.8, 50 1.7 and the 35 2.8) and I am currently looking to purchase a 135mm lens.
I enjoying photographing landscapes, flowers, my family and things of beauty of intrigue I see in everyday life. I want to get into street portraits but need to pluck up the courage to ask strangers. This is one reason for the 135mm lens. On the crop sensor it will equate to just over 200mm. Its small size should make it perfect for capturing candid moments.

05-30-2019, 08:22 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Peter. The more Aussies, the merrier!

Try and get your hands on a K-1 (or an old film camera), and look through those lovely K-mount lenses in their native format
05-30-2019, 10:31 PM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Melbourne.
05-31-2019, 10:27 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pcoch Quote
Hey all,
As the owner of a Sony a6000, I am always on the look out for smaller lighter lenses that suit the a6000 body. I have used this forum extensive to inform my decisions. So far I am the very happy owner of three SMC pentax m primes (28 2.8, 50 1.7 and the 35 2.8) and I am currently looking to purchase a 135mm lens.
I enjoying photographing landscapes, flowers, my family and things of beauty of intrigue I see in everyday life. I want to get into street portraits but need to pluck up the courage to ask strangers. This is one reason for the 135mm lens. On the crop sensor it will equate to just over 200mm. Its small size should make it perfect for capturing candid moments.
Hi,
If you are in SE Qld or Northern NSW come to the annual Cameraholics Fair tomorrow here at 102 McDonald Road, Windsor, Brisbane.
You are sure to get what you want.
PM me with your phone number if you or anyone else requires further details and I can call you back.
Regards,
Gordon.

05-31-2019, 02:35 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Very happy to be here
Welcome, to the forum.

need to pluck up the courage to ask strangers
For "Street Photography" just use that 28mm, preset to focus about 10 feet and aperture set to F8.0, then everything from about 5 feet to infinity will be good enough... just fire away.

Remember the famous phrase... “If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough” a quote attributed to the American photographer Robert Capa.