Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
06-04-2019, 01:40 PM - 1 Like   #1

New and loving Pentax glass!

Hi!

I'm new to this forum, but have been using it as a resource of info for years now. Saga began when I bought a Spotmatic at a g-sale for dirt cheap. Came with a SMC 50mm f1.4mm and 1 roll of film later the obsession was ignited! A little LBA later and I amassed a decent M42 collection comprised mainly of takumars. I've since stopped doing film because it's a bit too tedious/cumbersome with two small kids...but the obsession has transition to adapting my old glass on a fuji x series body. It's been so fun!

Glad to be here! And thanks to all the posters for the great info!

06-04-2019, 01:56 PM - 1 Like   #2

Welcome! This is a great forum and there are helpful people. Enjoy the discussions and articles. The reviews give very good information to help with purchasing decisions. SMC coated are real nice lenses and the 50mm f1.4 is a classic.

JB
06-04-2019, 02:10 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eebrew Quote
Hi!

I'm new to this forum, but have been using it as a resource of info for years now. Saga began when I bought a Spotmatic at a g-sale for dirt cheap. Came with a SMC 50mm f1.4mm and 1 roll of film later the obsession was ignited! A little LBA later and I amassed a decent M42 collection comprised mainly of takumars. I've since stopped doing film because it's a bit too tedious/cumbersome with two small kids...but the obsession has transition to adapting my old glass on a fuji x series body. It's been so fun!

Glad to be here! And thanks to all the posters for the great info!
The X body is a good choice. The old lenses (M42 and pre A series bayonet) work better on your Fuji than they will on a Pentax digital body. At least that's what I've found.
06-04-2019, 04:33 PM - 1 Like   #4
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard.

06-04-2019, 04:39 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
The X body is a good choice. The old lenses (M42 and pre A series bayonet) work better on your Fuji than they will on a Pentax digital body. At least that's what I've found.
Thanks! It's been eye opening to say the least using these old lenses on a solid digital. The learning rate for getting to know the lenses is so much faster! Really diggin it!
06-04-2019, 05:58 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eebrew Quote
Thanks! It's been eye opening to say the least using these old lenses on a solid digital. The learning rate for getting to know the lenses is so much faster! Really diggin it!
I'm using my old trusty Takumars on my new K1 II and the results are magic with "focus peaking" and "catch in focus"... that's if you don't need AF, of course!
06-05-2019, 01:10 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy that fine Pentax glass.