Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2008, 08:07 AM   #1

Good morning from Jersey

(We don't often use "New")

Hello all:

My name is Dale (female) and I bought a K200D a month or so ago. An awful lot to learn... I am taking a 5 wk (one night/2hrs per) class at a local high school. The instructor seems extremely approachable and very, very knowledgeable. (He's a museum photographer...)

I'm youthful, but not young and feel intimidated by digital photography, and the experts on this forum. In the coming weeks, I'd like tips on the Pentax Photo Browser 3 software and general DSLR use. I used a K1000 film cam for decades.

Looking forward to the help and I appreciate your patience in advance.

Be well.

10-08-2008, 12:20 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome Dale, when I saw Jersey, I thought you were going to be from the UK Channel Islands. Don't worry about being intimidated, it's all in the mind. The 'experts' here are a friendly crowd in the most part. There's no such thing as a dumb question (unless you ask twice) so ask away. I would suggest you spend time exploring the forum, I'm sure some of the questions you are going to ask have already been answered.
I look forward to seeing some of your pictures posted.
There are a few books that will be worth getting, The 'Magic Lantern Guide' for your K200D and 'Understanding Exposure' by Bryan Peterson and 'The Digital Photography Book' (vols 1&2).

Last edited by Damn Brit; 10-08-2008 at 12:27 PM.
10-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day, Dale,
Echo everything that Damn Brit said. This is the friendliest forum I've ever belonged to. With very few exceptions, there are no stud bulls stomping around. There's a vast amount of knowledge here and I've found people are really willing to share it in a patient and respectful way. Like you, I started off feeling somewhat intimidated by my digital camera, after years of film shooting. Every time I've posted here I've been overwhelmed by the thoughtful, knowledgeable, helpful responses - never a put-down, never a flaming, nothing like that. So please just enjoy, relax and settle in. You're most welcome.
10-09-2008, 11:01 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum.I hope you find it informative.