Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2019, 09:23 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Greetings y'all!

I've been shooting pictures for the last 6 years or so. I reside in the Houston area and I've done work for the Houston Press shooting concerts and events. My work has also led me to wonderful clients for weddings, social events, and portraits. Professionally, I worked for about 2-3 years, since then I've been much more of a hobbiest and I've been itching to pick up my 35mms.

My dad shot Ricoh when I was growing up. I inherited his camera but, unfortunately, it seems to be dead. I've been casually shopping around for a decent Pentax 35mm to add to my collection which includes an Olympus OM-1, Nikon FE, Canon AE-1 & AE-1 Program, and a Mamiya TLR to list just a few (seriously, lol).

I found this forum when a buddy of mine inherited a vast collection of medium format Pentax equipment after his brother-in-law passed. This forum has been incredibly helpful with its resources and I'm very thankful for this community. I look forward to becoming a contributing member so I can list in the marketplace and support the forum!

06-15-2019, 11:34 AM   #2

Welcome. Some of the folks in the 35mm SLR film section may be able to help determine if its dead and with choosing a Pentax 35mm SLR.

JB
06-15-2019, 01:02 PM   #3
PEG Gallery Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Hielands o' Scootlund....... Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand................William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all that it has to offer.
06-15-2019, 01:06 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I like my Pentax Z-1p. It's pretty fancy for a film camera, and takes all the lenses etc.. that I have or my K-1 Mark II dSLRs
There are more manual ones, like the ME Super and the K-1000, if you like going old-school. The Z-1p is very modern for a 35mm film SLR.

Good luck!

06-15-2019, 04:27 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heebie Quote
I like my Pentax Z-1p. It's pretty fancy for a film camera, and takes all the lenses etc.. that I have or my K-1 Mark II dSLRs
There are more manual ones, like the ME Super and the K-1000, if you like going old-school. The Z-1p is very modern for a 35mm film SLR.

Good luck!
I've had my finger on the pulse of a few ME Super ads on Craigslist but they always end up getting sold before I get to make an offer!
06-16-2019, 12:10 AM   #6
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia.