Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2019, 11:47 PM   #1

K1 shutter release problem

I own a Pentax K1. It's 2 years old. Now I've a problem with the shutter release button. Often than not after taking 1 photo, the shutter release will not open. Please advise. Thank you.

06-16-2019, 11:55 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kim-Hock Tan Quote
I own a Pentax K1. It's 2 years old. Now I've a problem with the shutter release button. Often than not after taking 1 photo, the shutter release will not open. Please advise. Thank you.
Are you using lens distortion corrections, skin tone corrections, clarity enhancements, or HDR? All of these add some lag before the next shot can be taken.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-17-2019, 01:58 AM   #3

Original Poster
I was saying I did not use any of the tools mentioned in your reply. The problem I have is after proper focusing and taking the first shot, I will be unable to depress the shutter button again. I need to switch off the power, and switch it on again before I can I shoot again. This happens all the time.
06-17-2019, 02:21 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
My intuition tell me that it's like bounce-reduction capacitor behind the shutter button line, doesn't charge or doesn't discharge (depending on implementation). It only discharges when you switch off the camera because when you switch-off there is an active reset taking place. I'd send it for repair with a clearly written description of the symptoms.

06-18-2019, 03:17 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I hope you do manage to get your issue resolved quickly.
08-27-2019, 06:41 AM   #6

In my case, it happens that the shutter does not release in the very first shot from power on. First there is no sound of shutter after triggering button and the result display is in black. I found several times but could not recreate that. Have anyone see the same issue and solve it? My K1 is in firmware 1.51