Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2008, 07:47 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Wisconsin 2

Hi all,
I noticed there are several from WI so, I added the 2.
I was "into" Photography at a fairly young age had my own darkroom, took pictures in High School, then joined an explorer post. Read as much as I could from the greats; alias, job took over all my time and lost touch with it. I've since had the desire to have a hobby besides work and I'm really excited about getting back into taking pictures really just for fun. I have some questions about equipment so I'll be looking to all the real photographers here for some help.
I think I already tried to post a question but got it in the wrong place I read "Pentax Modes" as Pentax Models, I hope the ADM. will overlook this over site.
Either way I'm learning a lot just from reading all the great info here!

Jim

10-08-2008, 08:02 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! Looking forward to your participation, perhaps by showing us WI this time of the year as a part of the "Pentax World Day" this coming weekend!

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/latest-board-news/38694-announcing-pentax...tml#post362070
10-09-2008, 02:44 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you, but I haven't bought any equipment yet! I like to research my purchases before hand and have decided Pentax would give me the most bang for the buck. I also have my old Super Program and a few lenses (mostly third party cheapos) but don't want to buy film anymore. I've heard that I just missed a rebate or factory sale not long ago so I'm hoping there will be another soon!
So I'm afraid the fall colors will be gone, I'm hoping for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Thanks for the welcome!
Jim
10-13-2008, 09:00 PM   #4

Hi Jim!
Everyone on these boards have been great! I've only been here a few weeks but really like it Welcome!
Patti

10-14-2008, 06:20 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome. you will have fun and leanr a lot here.