Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2019, 12:30 PM - 1 Like   #1

My Introduction (Username: PipeTobacco)

Hello Everyone:

After several years where my cameras were dormant (or should I say I was dormant in terms of photography.... due to various life circumstances), I am endeavoring to get more fun out of life.... so I am trying to get back up to snuff as far as photography goes.

I found out about the PentaxForums by seeing it mentioned on Ugly Hedgehog forums..... which made me very happy, because Ugly Hedgehog, while wonderful, tends to have little in the way of Pentax specific information.

For some folks here, my equipment may be considered quite antiquated (at least DSLR antiquated). I own two Pentax bodies (istDS & K20d) and a handful of low-medium priced lenses from the similar era when the istDS and K20d were relatively current.

My goals in terms of my return to photography are:

1. To become a stronger "see-er" of how to frame and compose images.

2. To become more knowledgeable about the workings of ALL the features on my cameras.

3. To have fun.

I will be looking forward to learning a lot from all of you!

Sincerely,

PipeTobacco

06-25-2019, 01:18 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the Forum.

Great place to pick up all kinds of knowledge on Pentax.

-dave
06-25-2019, 01:39 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I'm looking forward to seeing your work, as a user K20D right up until Pentax launched their FF offering.

My harem of "Ladies" are still a working examples of older fine Pentax glass.
06-25-2019, 02:20 PM   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums!

Those are fine goals. Indeed, even without a break from photography, my own goals remain more-or-less the same

Incidentally, there are plenty of folks here shooting older Pentax gear. I have a range of older and more recent equipment, but my favourite DSLR - the one I pick when conditions and circumstances allow - is a Samsung GX-10 (rebranded Pentax K10D). And I frequently shoot a Samsung GX-1L (rebranded *ist DL2). So, your cameras may be older, but far from antiquated. They're still capable of taking wonderful photos (with your help )...

06-25-2019, 02:38 PM   #5
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums. Good luck with goal No. 2 !!
06-26-2019, 12:06 AM   #6
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia.