Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2019, 05:45 PM   #1

New Pentax K1000 user

Hi All,

My name is Andy and I am a relatively new user of a Pentax K1000. I purchased a used (goes without saying?) Pentax K1000 this last winter and have been taking pictures on a weekly basis since.

I've been wanting to get into photography for a long time, but have only ever used a point-and-shoot Canon, my cell-phone, and the disposables. I moved to the birthplace of Kodak, Rochester, NY, in 2016 and I couldn't live in one of the centers of photography without (finally) getting into photography. I would never forgive myself if I didn't jump in!

I'm looking forward to doing some summer photography. I'm particularly excited for an August trip to central Ontario. Hoping to get some nice pictures of sunset, fishing, some waterfalls, osprey, etc.,! Feedback will be appreciated!

Sincerely,
Andy

07-10-2019, 05:56 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aboslett Quote
My name is Andy and I am a relatively new user of a Pentax K1000.
Hi Andy,

Welcome to Pentax Forums from a northern neighbour. Sounds like you're having fun with the K1000.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions about Pentax, the K1000, or photography in general -- you're certain to get plenty of good information and advice here.

What part(s) of central Ontario will you be visiting? Like NY state, we have plenty of photo ops here!

- Craig
07-10-2019, 07:44 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hey Craig,

Thanks! We will be visiting the Kawartha Lake region. We've been traveling up there since I was a baby, it's like home to me. I'm looking forward to getting some long exposures of some of the old Trent River dams near where we stay.

Are you in that general region?

Andy
07-11-2019, 02:44 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Hielands o' Scootlund....... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand"..............William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and the Pentax world of photography.

07-12-2019, 10:01 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Andy

Welcome to the forum.

Kind regards,
Mark
aotearoa
(New Zealand)