Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2019, 09:48 AM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Greetings from Canada

Hi there,

I'm new here as a forum member (but have used this site as a resource in the past so I figured it was overdue to join in!)

I'm an amateur/hobbiest photographer from Canada and I've owned a Pentax K-50 for a few years with the 18-135 combo.

Last year my K-50 solenoid went (all my images were black) and I was able to replace it myself with a soldering station and the help of my brother. Now I'm rocking a new Japanese solenoid and my K-50 is back from the dead (and I'm loving it).

Thank you for all the help and information!

07-19-2019, 09:52 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by STARHUNTER94 Quote
Hi there,

I'm new here as a forum member (but have used this site as a resource in the past so I figured it was overdue to join in!)

I'm an amateur/hobbiest photographer from Canada and I've owned a Pentax K-50 for a few years with the 18-135 combo.

Last year my K-50 solenoid went (all my images were black) and I was able to replace it myself with a soldering station and the help of my brother. Now I'm rocking a new Japanese solenoid and my K-50 is back from the dead (and I'm loving it).

Thank you for all the help and information!
Welcome.

There's a few people who might like a little help from your brother.
07-19-2019, 10:29 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by STARHUNTER94 Quote
I'm new here as a forum member
Welcome to Pentax Forums!

Great work on fixing your K-50!

Hope you find some time to join in some of the discussions, pose a question, or post some pictures.

- Craig
07-19-2019, 11:27 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Welcome.

There's a few people who might like a little help from your brother.
To be honest, the repair wasn't too bad (I was a lot less nervous because I essentially had a paperweight for a camera) and repair work in Canada is stupid expensive. The main thing was getting the part and making sure you aren't "cold soldering" the connections.

Maybe I got lucky, but so far so good. Ran me about $70 for the part with shipping and taxes I believe (on eBay).

07-19-2019, 11:52 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland.
07-19-2019, 05:20 PM   #6
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia.