Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2019, 01:23 PM   #16
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your K-70. Seems like you've already resolved your issue, which is great news.

You have some fine lenses in your collection... I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun with that K-70

08-17-2019, 03:07 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax Forums.
08-18-2019, 05:55 PM   #18

Original Poster
While cleaning my garage I found a box with an old screw mount Spotmatic and several lenses, extension tubes and a 2X converter. From there I graduated to the ME and when I slipped and fell in a stream in Maui I bought the ME Super. Eventually I bought a SF-1 for the auto focus. I wish the ME Super had digital. It was much smaller and lighter and I don't care that much for auto focus if the the trade-off is weight. Last night I found a micro 2GB memory card with an adapter so now I can make test shots. I have to learn to use aperture and shutter priority. Do I have a choice of apertures if I use auto focus? This morning I bought a Sans Disk 64 GB Extreme SDXC UHS-1 U3.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome to the forum.

Eyetookem
08-18-2019, 06:36 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Eyetookem Quote
Do I have a choice of apertures if I use auto focus?
Aperture settings have nothing to do with focusing. You set the aperture setting either on the camera using the dials or on the lens using the aperture ring.

QuoteOriginally posted by Eyetookem Quote
I have to learn to use aperture and shutter priority.
Not really, you can just set the camera to manual and work it that way if you want. If you want to use the aperture ring on the lens to set the aperture manually you do need to change a setting in the menu. I am not sure where it is at on the k-70 but it will say something like "allow aperture ring" set that to yes and you can now use the aperture ring on the lenses if you want. Personally I almost always use aperture priority on the camera but that is just my style, there are many other options.

Please do not take this wrong as this forum can and will provide a lot of help. But I strongly suggest you get out the manual and spend some time with it. It is not the easiest thing to read but it should at least familiarize you with what options and controls are available. Then you can decide which ones to use and which ones not to use.

A dslr like the k-70 is capable of being set to operate completely manually or completely automatically. Or any degree within that range. You do not need to understand everything, just the bits that you want to use.

08-18-2019, 07:56 PM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
get out the manual and spend some time with it

I have the manual downloaded, the first thing I did. P-70 is so different from the other cameras. I'll print out the important stuff for when I go camping.

Thanks,

Eyetookem