Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2019, 06:13 AM   #1

Hello from Germany

Hello Pentaxians,

I live in Germany. I have been using Pentax since the early 1980s, starting with a ME-super then. Now I own a K-1 for little bit more than a year, it is my first digital camera (I did not want to change before they offer a full frame). There are many new things for me and I have found most advice in this forum, so I decided now to register here.

My photographic interest is nature / landscape, and I want to learn how to take photos of fish and shrimps in the aquarium. For that, I am just exploring the flash capabilities of the K-1 system. Another topic is how to get really sharp shots with a 400mm lens, I got to know already and have to work out shutter up, electronic shutter, live view, when SR ON or OFF, etc.

With best regards
Nuftur

08-17-2019, 06:27 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nuftur Quote
I did not want to change before they offer a full frame
Welcome to the forum.

In terms of Pentax, I like you... used my K20Ds for a full eight years, waiting for the first Pentax FF offering.

To date I still believe the K1 to be a great piece of kit... all my "Ladies" now behave as they used to back in LX days.
08-17-2019, 06:33 AM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
. . . My photographic interest is nature / landscape, . . . Another topic is how to get really sharp shots with a 400mm lens, . . .
welcome

I would recommend posting questions seeking advice in

300mm plus Lens Club: discuss your long lenses - PentaxForums.com

Post your HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 ED DC AW pictures! - PentaxForums.com

and reviewing the " Articles " Section of the forums

Resources | PentaxForums.com

you might find some suggestions that might help you out
08-17-2019, 03:02 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome to Pentax Forums.

08-18-2019, 12:17 AM   #5
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia.
08-18-2019, 01:56 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello Pentaxians,

I live in Germany. I have been using Pentax since the early 1980s, starting with a ME-super then. Now I own a K-1 for little bit more than a year, it is my first digital camera (I did not want to change before they offer a full frame). There are many new things for me and I have found most advice in this forum, so I decided now to register here.

My photographic interest is nature / landscape, and I want to learn how to take photos of fish and shrimps in the aquarium. For that, I am just exploring the flash capabilities of the K-1 system. Another topic is how to get really sharp shots with a 400mm lens, I got to know already and have to work out shutter up, electronic shutter, live view, when SR ON or OFF, etc.

With best regards
Nuftur
Welcome to the forum!

Kind regards,
Mark
aotearoa
(New Zealand)