Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2019, 01:06 PM - 1 Like   #1

Hello from Cumbria Northern England

Hi all, I've had a an old ME super in my cupboard for years gathering dust whilst I used a small pocket digital but always hankered for a digital SLR as I just loved the action of the old ME. I'm just a simple point and shoot type of bloke but decided to treat myself to a used K110D off Ebay the other day as I read it could use all my old lenses from the the ME. The camera arrived and is in really good condition and came with some 3000MaH rechargeable batteries. However I soon found out I may have let my heart rule my head as the batteries depleted after about 20 shots. I've spent quite a long time reading previous posts re batteries and ordered some CRV-3's and some new rechargeable AA's. By the sound of things I've wasted my money with the rechargeables but hope that the CRV-3's will solve the problem as I really love the camera. I've also spent a long time trying to find a download for the PDCU without success so any help appreciated. As I said earlier I'm not much of a techie and to start with just want to set the camera to Auto till I get used to it. I also just want JPEGs instead of RAW files as I can't easily view what I've snapped on my PC. If anyone looks at this post I would appreciate any comments re my problems. Cheers.

08-17-2019, 02:05 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome, usually from the south of England, but this week in Cumbria! I used CR-V3s in my *ist DS, they lasted months.

If youíre going to shoot JPGs then donít worry about PDCU in the short term; although youíd need it (or an alternative) if you were going to shoot raw. I donít understand why you canít show the JPGs in the Windows Photo Viewer. Alternatively you could always use a free solution such as Faststone Image Viewer which will display (and organise) them.
08-17-2019, 02:27 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome! I’m residing in Wales but my auntie just visited from, guess where, Cumbria! A beautiful place and one I’ve promised to take my better half to as she’s never been!
If you press menu, there should be an option for image settings either there or on the next “page” (you can flick through these pages by using the rear scroll wheel) until you see an option which says image capture settings or similar. Click that and you should be able to choose from raw, JPEG or Raw+.
I might stand corrected but all lenses can be transferred to newer bodies if required, a handy perk of Pentax (I’ve a couple of SMC M and A lenses which are great fun.
I’m afraid I’m not absolutely sure what you mean by PDCU but someone else will be along to help shortly, I’m sure!
08-17-2019, 02:40 PM - 1 Like   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your K110D... There are plenty of us here shooting these older 6MP models, and they're wonderful cameras. There's even a forum thread dedicated to shooting them:

The Six-Megapixel Club - PentaxForums.com

I'm a fairly frequent visitor to Cumbria, as it's not far from me (I'm in Co. Durham). Lovely part of the world with many photo opportunities!

08-17-2019, 03:01 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax Forums.
08-18-2019, 12:03 AM - 1 Like   #6
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Australia.
08-18-2019, 12:57 AM - 1 Like   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland, just enjoy your photography in whichever way you choose.
08-18-2019, 01:54 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum!

Kind regards,
Mark
aotearoa
(New Zealand)