Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
10-05-2019, 01:27 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum.

The best part of digital is you can practice and play around with setting and all it cost is a simple delete if the results are not what you wanted.

10-07-2019, 06:32 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I shoot manual for field macro. Pentax does make it easier than some other DSLR brands, but it's all down to managing your variables.

Otherwise, I usually shoot TAv mode when walking around. Set your aperture at a good place, then balance shutter speed for comfortable ISO and effect. It's semi-manual.
10-07-2019, 07:05 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Welcome, and greetings from Italy
10-29-2019, 11:34 AM   #19

Welcome! This forum is always a reliable go-to place for the best information available from experts in the field!

10-29-2019, 07:11 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kristaline Quote
Hi all. I am picking up a used ks2 tomorrow! I am excited to start learning manual modes and taking better quality pictures than with my phones camera. Any advice about this camera or where to start with learning how to shoot in manual mode? I love taking family photos and travel photos and sunset pictures. Thanks.
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your KS2! I second the recommendation to read the book, " "Understanding Exposure, Fourth Edition: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera" it's easy to understand and really invaluable! Take the little bit of time it takes to read it (and it won't be a lot) and you will be so far ahead before you start enjoying your new KS2.
10-29-2019, 07:23 PM   #21

Photos: Gallery
Greetings! You are sure to have fun with your new gear. The model-specific ebooks sold through the site are a wealth of information on settings and options. A little overwhelming but read in bits and pieces as you need and techniques like back-button focus, drive modes, timers and the million other things your camera can do will shake out. If you wish you could do it, the camera probably can and there is someone with an explainer or YT video explaining it. Enjoy and shoot, shoot, shoot!