Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2019, 09:10 AM   #1

New Member with Pentax Spotmatic SP and F

Just wanted to say Hi and thank you for the boarding pass. And make a first post . . .

I have an early black Spotmatic SP, which I bought for parts, then decided it was too good to break so gave it the kiss of life. This now functions perfectly, including the metering. But I am having meter function/battery problems with my otherwise functioning Spotmatic F. New MRB625 battery fitted but the needle remains unresponsive. After having read the posts on here, and had a spin through the repair manual, I am tempted to just remove the meter switch and use my Minolta IVF handheld light meter. A bit annoying as I only bought the F for its fully open lens metering. It is either that or put it on the bay and describe it honestly. Will post some snaps and a piece on what I did to the Spotmatic SP soon.

Good to be here,
Roy Hanna

09-04-2019, 11:10 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Moved to Welcomes and Introductions (for better exposure)

Welcome to the forums, Roy. Great to have you with us, and good luck with your Spotties. I'm sure folks here will appreciate any info on your repair work
09-04-2019, 12:16 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Hielands o' Scootlund....... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand"..............William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, please keep us all informed how you get on.
09-04-2019, 12:50 PM   #4
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi Roy, welcome from Australia.

09-04-2019, 03:23 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Roy!

Kind regards,
Mark
aotearoa
(New Zealand)
09-04-2019, 03:50 PM   #6

Welcome and dont despair of the F. It may be simple to fix....some sage will doubtless chip in.
09-05-2019, 03:59 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Moved to Welcomes and Introductions (for better exposure)

Welcome to the forums, Roy. Great to have you with us, and good luck with your Spotties. I'm sure folks here will appreciate any info on your repair work
Thank you for the Welcome
Roy