Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-03-2019, 04:13 AM   #16

Indeed, we are amidst turbulent times... I’ve strolled Sim City a few times, but don’t yet feel confident enough in my own judgement to buy used glass. Tin Cheung does have the occasional deal, and I found a brand-new Sigma 35mm for a great price (before the current deals) at an old-school shop in Central. Otherwise, I tend to wait until I’m Stateside to make any purchases.

10-03-2019, 05:36 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Welcome and have good time.
10-03-2019, 06:53 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nosliwmit Quote
Greetings from Hong Kong! I'm a Pentax shooter (K1mII) also, living on Lantau. There is a lot to photograph here in HK but I'm trying to avoid the protests these days...

I was happy to find Pentax service in Hong Kong and it seems like there are lots of new and used lenses available too. Have you guys found Sim City? And Tin Cheung?
Full understand your meaning, one of the reason I go to Macau more often, lot of place to have good shots and more important peace and quite.
By the way, do know any good place to recondition the lens? The guy I know way back have retired and I am trying to find a good shop to recondition some of my lens (Pentax and Bronica...)
I go to simcity now and than though more like browsing as I don't have much needs to buy lens and accessories. And, one of the guy in Tin Cheung is good when I ask him about Pentax. (can't remember his name but he station both in Central and Mong Kok) another good place to look for second hand is DCFever.

---------- Post added 10-03-19 at 07:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jose_in_hcmc Quote
Howdy, anyim! I’m in Hong Kong as well and shooting with a K3ii. Any luck capturing Hong Kong’s disappearing neon wonders? If you’re looking for company while strolling the streets - camera in hand - feel free to PM me! Any other Hong Kong folk out there?
surething, lets keep in touch.
Though these days, I would try to get home early to avoid the protest.